Test ROMs

Discussion in 'AngDroid' started by AngDroid, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Redflea

Redflea New Member

No FC in battery manager for me after overnight charging...still working well.

Not sure what serious known issues you're talking about w/the bluremail app/exchange accounts, but it's been perfect for me since I got my D2 w/2.2.20. What issues are you referring to?
  2. AngDroid

AngDroid Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I have not had that problem and no one else has reported that yet from any of the current ROMs or past ROMs.

I may have removed something that BUA may need. To get rid of NFS and Flash you need to go into the preinstall folder and delete the APK files from there. They wont show up any more.

Just try out all the features and make sure they work properly. I have not used blur much so not sure how everything works.

Thanks!
  3. Jester822

Jester822 New Member

Thanks AngDroid. FTR, I figured out my contact problem. The Backup Assistant standard CSV isn't compatible with the Google Contacts. It put the phone number in the notes field and the dialer contacts didn't populate because there was no official phone number. The fix was to use the Backup assistant Outlook CSV file. Presto! Phone numbers are now in the phone filed and populating the contacts tab.
  4. jcatt

jcatt New Member

Oh ok, it's probably a local tower issue then. Verizon were doing something to them last week, but I thought they were finnished. Maybe they weren't...

Thanks,

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  5. AngDroid

So bua is working fine? I do not use it and was about to test myself.

Thanks for the feedback.
  6. Jester822

Jester822 New Member

No, BUA is still not functioning. This was a separate issue. One I hoped to correct via BUA, but it was really just caused by sloppy import into gmail contacts.

Thanks!
  7. Jester822

Jester822 New Member

C3PO still shows for incoming calls where the contact has no picture.

Is it possible that the 2.4.5 version has an amped up the music player sound? It sure seems like my mp3s play louder (I always have media volume full and was previously disappointed with the volume). I notice no difference on my ringtone volumes however.
  8. Redflea

Redflea New Member

BTW - I wanted FB sync to I added back in Facebook.apk, otherwise clicking on the Facebook icon in Create Accounts results in no action.

I'm assuming the D2 facebook apk should be available in an update.zip.

It will need to be made very clear to users of this ROM "system" that even though the account type icons all show up, all the account types aren't supported in the super-clean ROMs w/out separate update.zips...

I am loving this...have had zero issues so far, everything just appears to work. How boring. ;)
  9. Quie2Droid

Quie2Droid New Member

I don't have this problem on this rom.
  10. AngDroid

Is there a facebook.apk that comes with the D2? I thought all it did was sync contacts and bring messages to you in the unified inbox?
  11. AngDroid

Btw...

The 2.4.5 system I was using was not dumped properly. When I first tried it there were a lot of boot up problems. I moved some files around from 4.0 and got 4.5 working. I obtained a perfectly clean virgin 2.4.5 system and having no issues with it. The newer ROMs, which I am about to upload in a bit have the newer system in. I am doing the final testing and will be releasing the final versions tonight.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  12. Redflea

Redflea New Member

I pulled the facebook apk from a 2.3.15 D2 theme zip that 928Droid had released. Until I installed it, selecting the FB icon from the create new accounts screen was inoperative.

I just looked, and I don't see facebook.apk in the app.zip that was provided by the R2D2 user (forget his name now) a few days back in the R2D2 thread.

So this is getting more interesting...why wasn't the facebook.apk in his app dump?

Is anyone able to set up their facebook account from the new account setup screen w/out the facebook apk on their system?
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  13. Quie2Droid

Quie2Droid New Member

I just use syncmypix to get my facebook pics to my contacts.
  14. AngDroid

I am able to through My Accounts. Does not do anything but make facebook the default contact picture source but I can add my account. Did your do a hard reset from Setttings/Privacy?
  15. Jester822

Jester822 New Member

I'm using the Clean_Blur version and it let's me set up the FB account. Like someone else said, the importing of FB friends to phone contacts is annoying so I removed it after testing.

I'm also getting the battery FC. I don't recall if I tested it on this version earlier, but when I did test it it was after charging for a while.

I'll wait for the new releases before moving to another. Maybe all this will be for naught when the new batch is posted.
  16. AngDroid

You are getting the battery FC cause you did not perform a hard reset within android...
  17. Redflea

Redflea New Member

Thanks, no I did not. That must be the cause. I may man up later tonight and do the reset. :)
  18. tgwaste

tgwaste New Member

where exactly are the roms? :)