Test ROMs

Discussion in 'AngDroid' started by AngDroid, Oct 9, 2010.

1. mikecastdogg

mikecastdogg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Battery FC, Email, etc...

Let me start by saying awesome work on this. This thing is clean and fast!

I followed the directions to the letter and at first no FC on the battery manager. Woke up this AM and it has been happening all morning.

Email app. Not sure if follow other forums, but the core email application has some serious known issues with Corporate/exchange push email not functioning. I have mine setup and will be testing throughout the day and report back any changes that 2.4.5 may have brought to this known problem.

I would love to get some of the stock apps back like quickoffice, 3g Hotspot (company pays and i like wpa2) , voicemail, etc... Any time line on the recovery zips? if you have an alternate way to do this like zips in one of your old roms, I will be happy to test. also, any way to get D2 MMS with bubbles and the gallery?

Keep up the good work.

Thanks,

Mike
    AngDroid_2.4.5_SCBSVAPRO.zip
  2. AngDroid

AngDroid Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Mediasync

If anyone is having problems with a driver not being installed when you plug your phone into computer it is because the mediasync.apk is missing. HotFix is on the first page.

In the Pro versions I believe the facebook and twitter sync work. You may need to restart for it to kick in.

Will include swype.

Voice search can be downloaded from market. Not included for that reason. Will add voice command.

Superuser keeps asking cause it may have failed the first time. Just delte the cache and data for the superuser app. I tried with the latest binary but that always made it act funny.

When stating a bug please let me know what version you are running.

If you want some other packages that are missing for the time being then get the full ROM in the other thread and just pull the packages you want, place them in system/app folder ant set permissions to 644.

The install packages for some left out features will be up in a couple of days. Taking a break from this to enjoy phone and my volume and camera buttons are getting loose from using them so much :)
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  3. AngDroid

Ratings:
    +1
    Added a super clean blur ROM. Nice ROM if I do say so myself :)

I think this one may convert me to some of the blur social networking features :)

Please test cause I want to make them official tonight/today.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  4. jcatt

jcatt New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey AndDroid,

I am running the SCBSVA edition. I seems to be exeriensing rando network data freezes, my signal strength remains strong but I loose internet and the 3g indicator is frozen with the transmit arrow illuminated... the only way to fix is reboot, or connect to wifi for a minute, and then disconnect. I don't know if this is an issue with this rom, but it never happened to the old one. So far this has happened twice since I loaded the rom last night...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  5. Jester822

Jester822 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Newb here. Tried three of your ROMs in the last 24 hours. The latest was the new Clean Blur. The only possible ROM issue I have encountered so far is that Backup Assistant is there, but it won't work. It wouldn't start from the setup process, My Accounts, or the App tray.

I really liked the black status bar in the SCBSVAPRO ROM. Would like color icons for it though so I guess I'll have to learn how to import a theme once I settle on a ROM.

Now for some newb questions. I don't think they're related directly to the ROM, but probably the install process.

When all my apps repopulate I get apps that I have previously removed, including non-market apps like NFS Shift and Latitude (in the VZW_Clean ROM I even had Blockbuster but not in the two newer ROMs I tried). Is this because I didn't do something beforehand that I should have?

My contacts tab on the dialer show about 17 entries. I should have 44 or so. I imported a CSV from Backup Assistant to my gmail account and synced the gmail contacts but I still only have the 17 contacts. Here's where it gets weird. I found that if I open Contacts from the App tray or use voice command to lookup one of the missing contacts I it will pull it up. However, the contact still remains missing from the contact tab. Any idea how to correct this? Is it possible that Backup Assistant would populate if it was working?

Is there anything in particular with this ROM (Clean w/Blur) you would like me to test and report back on?

Thanks!
  6. Redflea

Redflea Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    No FC in battery manager for me after overnight charging...still working well.

Not sure what serious known issues you're talking about w/the bluremail app/exchange accounts, but it's been perfect for me since I got my D2 w/2.2.20. What issues are you referring to?
  7. AngDroid

Ratings:
    +1
    I have not had that problem and no one else has reported that yet from any of the current ROMs or past ROMs.

I may have removed something that BUA may need. To get rid of NFS and Flash you need to go into the preinstall folder and delete the APK files from there. They wont show up any more.

Just try out all the features and make sure they work properly. I have not used blur much so not sure how everything works.

Thanks!
  8. Jester822

Jester822 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks AngDroid. FTR, I figured out my contact problem. The Backup Assistant standard CSV isn't compatible with the Google Contacts. It put the phone number in the notes field and the dialer contacts didn't populate because there was no official phone number. The fix was to use the Backup assistant Outlook CSV file. Presto! Phone numbers are now in the phone filed and populating the contacts tab.
  9. jcatt

jcatt New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh ok, it's probably a local tower issue then. Verizon were doing something to them last week, but I thought they were finnished. Maybe they weren't...

Thanks,

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  10. AngDroid

Ratings:
    +1
    So bua is working fine? I do not use it and was about to test myself.

Thanks for the feedback.
  11. Jester822

Jester822 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, BUA is still not functioning. This was a separate issue. One I hoped to correct via BUA, but it was really just caused by sloppy import into gmail contacts.

Thanks!
  12. Jester822

Jester822 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    C3PO still shows for incoming calls where the contact has no picture.

Is it possible that the 2.4.5 version has an amped up the music player sound? It sure seems like my mp3s play louder (I always have media volume full and was previously disappointed with the volume). I notice no difference on my ringtone volumes however.
  13. Redflea

Redflea Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    BTW - I wanted FB sync to I added back in Facebook.apk, otherwise clicking on the Facebook icon in Create Accounts results in no action.

I'm assuming the D2 facebook apk should be available in an update.zip.

It will need to be made very clear to users of this ROM "system" that even though the account type icons all show up, all the account types aren't supported in the super-clean ROMs w/out separate update.zips...

I am loving this...have had zero issues so far, everything just appears to work. How boring. ;)
  14. Quie2Droid

Quie2Droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have this problem on this rom.
  15. AngDroid

Ratings:
    +1
    Is there a facebook.apk that comes with the D2? I thought all it did was sync contacts and bring messages to you in the unified inbox?