1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Test ROMs

Discussion in 'AngDroid' started by AngDroid, Oct 9, 2010.

1. AngDroid

AngDroid Premium Member Premium Member Developer

New ROMs are up.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  2. jcatt

jcatt New Member

New Test Roms

Hey AngDroid,

Quick question for ya... How do these roms compare to your older VRZ 2.4.5 Super Clean Rom? Are they a complete rewrite, or basically the same with some bug fixes? Also if their not to different can I get away with not wiping data, coming from 2.4.5? Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, I'm new to the scene and havent really got my bearings yet.
  3. AngDroid

You can try it. It is mostly all the bug fixes with a few system file updates...
  4. event121

event121 New Member

Do you have .zip files of pre-made packages ready yet? Are they just going to be the .apk files from 2.4.5? Available somewhere else?

I'm going to put SCBSVAPro on in a few, but I'm not sure how much feedback I can give since I'll be away from a laptop until Thursday (and by then the whole world might be a different place).

Really liking this set up. I've been telling everyone I know that this is how Android should work and that I wish I had more time to dive into developing.
  5. AngDroid

Everything seems stable so you should be good until Thursday. Yes they are going to be the apks from 2.4.5. I was just going to group them and then place them in an update zip to make it easier for some new users...
  6. jcatt

jcatt New Member

Loaded up AngDroid_2.4.5_SCBSVA.zip, just finished restoring all my apps and settings. So far so good.

I have noticed that I will get random FC's when going in to apps after just leaving them, but that could be attributed to another app I'm running. Maybe SetCPU Scheduling...? But appart from that I haven't seen any issues. I have also seen Quadrant scores in the 1500's. In regards to syncing with Facebook. Can I use the Facebook apps sync instead of the blur, so I only sync my gmail contacts not all 300 of my Facebook friends?

Also on a less important topic, is there anyway to theme the lock screen?

Thanks for the awesome rom,

Jcatt
  7. event121

event121 New Member

That'd be great to have in here too. I'm going to grab them out of earlier .zips you had.
    Edit: Actually, the only thing I really want would be DLNA/Media Share, but that's easily accomplished with Market apps for network sharing so I actually don't need anything else that can't be installed from the Market.

For Review: I put SCBSVAPRO on and did everything as posted in your How to Install thread.
    So far:

-Battery Manager has not FC'd (tbd).
    -Google Search > "angry b" > force close, unchecked Apps (Market) in settings and it works. Did not work with install from Market either.
    -Calendar Widget shows me my calendars, I check, I press Done, and it goes back to home screen with nothing (regular app works with shortcut).
    -Dialer - left button for VM seems to turn off 3G, bars drop to 0 with an X, 1X signal comes on, full bars, 3G comes back. This was very odd.
    -No Swype (don't use it anyway).

Email from Hotmail and Gmail working.
    Facebook App from Market has no issues for me (hate it putting crap in my contacts).

This is ready.
    :rating10:
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  8. event121

event121 New Member

You could try Metamorph in the Market.
  9. Quie2Droid

Quie2Droid New Member

Hey Angdroid,

I loaded up your SCBSVAPRO rom and so far it seems really stable and fast. I noticed the text messaging app is white and not black themed like before. Battery manager does not fc for me.
  10. Redflea

Redflea New Member

Love it - also installed AngDroid_2.4.5_SCBSVAPRO.zip (gotta have that black bar and the new exchange email).

Wiped data/cache before/after install in Clockwork Recovery. Did not do Factory Reset in Android after install.

No Battery Manager FC.
    No FCs at all so far.
    All apps restored.
    No Swype as noted, but I use 928Droids themed Swype anyway.

Haven't had any problems/issues yet.

/system in Root Explorer is 152 used, 125 free.

AngDroid needs a cape and logo...he's a ROM superhero. ;)
  11. AngDroid

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The voicemail is because the VMM.apk is not in there. I guess that will solve the problem. Not sure about the calander widget. I believe the Pro ROM has the D2 cal and the non Pro has the default android cal.

Swype was left out on purpose.
  12. Redflea

Redflea New Member

I actually think it makes sense to include Swype in the core package, since it's the keyboard of choice of a good % of users...just my opinion.

Also noticed that Voice Command is not there - I believe that's required for BT voice control, so I added it back in from the Removed Programs folder. Does anyone know if Voice Command is required for BT voice?
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  13. jcatt

jcatt New Member

I would also recommend that voice search and command be included in the base rom, it is a "major" feature point for froyo... Unless your reasons to remove it out weighed the reasons to keep it...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  14. Redflea

Redflea New Member

In case this happens to anyone else...the "would you like to give this app superuser permissions" dialog was appearing repeatedly for apps each time I opened them.

I launched Superuser and it prompted that an updated version of the su binary was available...I OK'd the update and the repeating permissions dialog appear to be gone.

AngDroid...can you update the SU binary in the ROM?
  15. gh0ul

gh0ul New Member

Just tested it thoroughly, and i like it! the only problem i have is facebook contacts not integrating with my contacts...anyone know how to fix this? (i already have it in my "accounts"). it worked with your VZW 2.4.5 Clean ROM...

and yes i followed the directions exactly (even factory reset from android)

ps - id also like to see swipe included :)
  16. mikecastdogg

mikecastdogg New Member

Battery FC, Email, etc...

Let me start by saying awesome work on this. This thing is clean and fast!

I followed the directions to the letter and at first no FC on the battery manager. Woke up this AM and it has been happening all morning.

Email app. Not sure if follow other forums, but the core email application has some serious known issues with Corporate/exchange push email not functioning. I have mine setup and will be testing throughout the day and report back any changes that 2.4.5 may have brought to this known problem.

I would love to get some of the stock apps back like quickoffice, 3g Hotspot (company pays and i like wpa2) , voicemail, etc... Any time line on the recovery zips? if you have an alternate way to do this like zips in one of your old roms, I will be happy to test. also, any way to get D2 MMS with bubbles and the gallery?

Keep up the good work.

Thanks,

Mike
    AngDroid_2.4.5_SCBSVAPRO.zip
  17. AngDroid

Mediasync

If anyone is having problems with a driver not being installed when you plug your phone into computer it is because the mediasync.apk is missing. HotFix is on the first page.

In the Pro versions I believe the facebook and twitter sync work. You may need to restart for it to kick in.

Will include swype.

Voice search can be downloaded from market. Not included for that reason. Will add voice command.

Superuser keeps asking cause it may have failed the first time. Just delte the cache and data for the superuser app. I tried with the latest binary but that always made it act funny.

When stating a bug please let me know what version you are running.

If you want some other packages that are missing for the time being then get the full ROM in the other thread and just pull the packages you want, place them in system/app folder ant set permissions to 644.

The install packages for some left out features will be up in a couple of days. Taking a break from this to enjoy phone and my volume and camera buttons are getting loose from using them so much :)
  18. AngDroid

Added a super clean blur ROM. Nice ROM if I do say so myself :)

I think this one may convert me to some of the blur social networking features :)

Please test cause I want to make them official tonight/today.
  19. jcatt

jcatt New Member

Hey AndDroid,

I am running the SCBSVA edition. I seems to be exeriensing rando network data freezes, my signal strength remains strong but I loose internet and the 3g indicator is frozen with the transmit arrow illuminated... the only way to fix is reboot, or connect to wifi for a minute, and then disconnect. I don't know if this is an issue with this rom, but it never happened to the old one. So far this has happened twice since I loaded the rom last night...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  20. Jester822

Jester822 New Member

Newb here. Tried three of your ROMs in the last 24 hours. The latest was the new Clean Blur. The only possible ROM issue I have encountered so far is that Backup Assistant is there, but it won't work. It wouldn't start from the setup process, My Accounts, or the App tray.

I really liked the black status bar in the SCBSVAPRO ROM. Would like color icons for it though so I guess I'll have to learn how to import a theme once I settle on a ROM.

Now for some newb questions. I don't think they're related directly to the ROM, but probably the install process.

When all my apps repopulate I get apps that I have previously removed, including non-market apps like NFS Shift and Latitude (in the VZW_Clean ROM I even had Blockbuster but not in the two newer ROMs I tried). Is this because I didn't do something beforehand that I should have?

My contacts tab on the dialer show about 17 entries. I should have 44 or so. I imported a CSV from Backup Assistant to my gmail account and synced the gmail contacts but I still only have the 17 contacts. Here's where it gets weird. I found that if I open Contacts from the App tray or use voice command to lookup one of the missing contacts I it will pull it up. However, the contact still remains missing from the contact tab. Any idea how to correct this? Is it possible that Backup Assistant would populate if it was working?

Is there anything in particular with this ROM (Clean w/Blur) you would like me to test and report back on?

Thanks!