Test Model for Nexus 3 by HTC?

jr313

Reaction score
htc phones run and look better than moto brick lookn devices, htc blows em out the water in design and once htc brings ot the next nexus it will be mine! O YES IT WILL BE MINE! and my battery lasts me upwards of 10 hrs one charge with heavy use and of copurse evry other phone has better batt life theyre 3G its a fact 4g is a battery killer...and with the news of unlocked bootloaders from now on thats just another notch in their belt over the prisoner phones by moto...its funny how htc actually listened to their consumer unlike moto will ever do after once we buy the phone it ours and should be able to do what we like with em...and the only moto phone i had was the best one D1 and is still a classic but it had its flaws as well, my keypad peeled up on me twice and the slide mechanism with loose on me also so every phone has its problems.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
htc phones run and look better than moto brick lookn devices, htc blows em out the water in design and once htc brings ot the next nexus it will be mine! O YES IT WILL BE MINE! and my battery lasts me upwards of 10 hrs one charge with heavy use and of copurse evry other phone has better batt life theyre 3G its a fact 4g is a battery killer...and with the news of unlocked bootloaders from now on thats just another notch in their belt over the prisoner phones by moto...its funny how htc actually listened to their consumer unlike moto will ever do after once we buy the phone it ours and should be able to do what we like with em...and the only moto phone i had was the best one D1 and is still a classic but it had its flaws as well, my keypad peeled up on me twice and the slide mechanism with loose on me also so every phone has its problems.

Like I said before, its lg that is making the next nexus device with tegra 3 as confirmed by nvidia

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

jr313

Reaction score
Like I said before, its lg that is making the next nexus device with tegra 3 as confirmed by nvidia

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
Show me sum proof and ill believe ya!

Reaction score
Quality wise Moto by far makes the best phones, as well as the best selling on Verizon by far. Thats why they don't listen to us, cause they see it that as long as the masses are still buying their devices up what do they care about the small segment that rooting/roming/modding is.

Moto did make 2 developer devices though, the Xoom as stated and the OG Droid, though neither were ever dubbed Nexus's.

And i mean if you step back and look at it though the normal consumers eyes, they don't know, understand, or care about hardware specs. They just play with the phone and whichever has the "coolest" UI is gonna win their purchase. If all Android devices ran on Vanilla Android then its more likely people would buy which ever device they saw first, which of course means sales would be more even across the board.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
And i mean if you step back and look at it though the normal consumers eyes, they don't know, understand, or care about hardware specs.

I don't think that's true, or at least it's certainly changing. Tablets and smartphones pretty much hit us in the face with specs these days, on advertisements and the spec sheet at the store. And as the lines between smartphone/tablet/pc increasingly blurr, I don't think you can say consumers don't/won't pay attention to specs because they certainly do in pc's.

May have been true with dumbphones, but from pc's to televisions spec sheets on store displays are standard and I think the average consumer is more familiar and comfortable with the basics than given credit for. It's largely the reason behind the megapixel wars in the cameras - even if a consumer doesn't know what 8mp means, they naturally expect it to be better than 5mp. At this point, most people have bought a couple computers over the last 10 years, and things like ram and ghz are terms they mostly get, even my 60yr old mom.

WPThunder25

Reaction score
I loved my D1, my D2 was decent, and my D2G is a piece. I would love to stay Moto but with HTC announcing unlocked bootloaders and Moto not giving a crap about their customers my choice is easy. My next upgrade will most likely be HTC.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
HTC sense makes me want to Vomit. I hate their phones.

With a faster phone out of the box I don't care if it's locked.

I'll be waiting for the Bionic.

I loved my D1, my D2 was decent, and my D2G is a piece. I would love to stay Moto but with HTC announcing unlocked bootloaders and Moto not giving a crap about their customers my choice is easy. My next upgrade will most likely be HTC.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I don't see why everyone loves Moto so much? They lock their bootloaders, the Xoom is a rip-off, and moto blur is hideous XP.

Because we like our phones to last longer than 3 hours on one charge! Unlike your t-bolt, which has the worst battery life of any Android phone.lol

I really don't understand that large review from people. Like.. I get a full day's use easily with this thing and then some. I definitely charge nightly but I don't usually worry about it dying on me with the stock battery. My incredible, my friend's OG Droid, and my ex's Droid X were both worse.

Then again I don't live in a 4G area.. :p

RyanPm40

Reaction score

Both HTC phones I owned were far faster and smoother than any other android device I've played with.. (X, OG Droid, LG Optimus, etc.) I've never used an android phone smoother than my TB or Incredible except for maybe the Galaxy phones. Samsung does a great job with those things.

Also, I hope no one thinks I'm trying to pick fights, I'm just one who is in love with debate. I have no qualms with anybody =].

djsiva

Reaction score
I don't see why everyone loves Moto so much? They lock their bootloaders, the Xoom is a rip-off, and moto blur is hideous XP.

Because we like our phones to last longer than 3 hours on one charge! Unlike your t-bolt, which has the worst battery life of any Android phone.lol

I really don't understand that large review from people. Like.. I get a full day's use easily with this thing and then some. I definitely charge nightly but I don't usually worry about it dying on me with the stock battery. My incredible, my friend's OG Droid, and my ex's Droid X were both worse.

Then again I don't live in a 4G area.. :p

I'll agree that the TB is an amazing phone and I'm quite happy with it, even given the battery life issues. However, it's definitely not better than my OG Droid or Droid X on battery life. The only reason I went ahead and jumped on it was because the Bionic was delayed and I didn't want to get stuck with tiered data down the road.

djsiva

Reaction score

I really prefer Moto to HTC, but the Sense UI is way better looking than any Blur crap that Moto has put out, and it runs quicker too. However, I'll still be trading in my TB once the Bionic/Targa comes out. Luckily I'm in IT and one of my clients is a VZW authorized dealer so I don't really pay for phones. We have a working trade agreement. dancedroid

deputc26

Reaction score
I really prefer Moto to HTC, but the Sense UI is way better looking than any Blur crap that Moto has put out, and it runs quicker too. However, I'll still be trading in my TB once the Bionic/Targa comes out. Luckily I'm in IT and one of my clients is a VZW authorized dealer so I don't really pay for phones. We have a working trade agreement. dancedroid

Finally something I agree with, Moto has better hardware, HTC has better software. Since I'm going to be running GO Launcher anyway though, I don't care as much about software.

sb1831

Reaction score
Am i the only one that believes they've seen this phone before? Maybe the buttonless prototype for the iPhone? It looks unusually familiar to me.

loki993

Reaction score
And i mean if you step back and look at it though the normal consumers eyes, they don't know, understand, or care about hardware specs.

I don't think that's true, or at least it's certainly changing. Tablets and smartphones pretty much hit us in the face with specs these days, on advertisements and the spec sheet at the store. And as the lines between smartphone/tablet/pc increasingly blurr, I don't think you can say consumers don't/won't pay attention to specs because they certainly do in pc's.

May have been true with dumbphones, but from pc's to televisions spec sheets on store displays are standard and I think the average consumer is more familiar and comfortable with the basics than given credit for. It's largely the reason behind the megapixel wars in the cameras - even if a consumer doesn't know what 8mp means, they naturally expect it to be better than 5mp. At this point, most people have bought a couple computers over the last 10 years, and things like ram and ghz are terms they mostly get, even my 60yr old mom.

Oh but it is true. The vast majority doesn't care about things like tons of ram, dual core processors or anything like that. They care 1 is it easy to use, 2 does it look good, 3 is the display pretty and probably does it have a nice, ie high megapixel, camera. That's probably about it.

They couldnt care less about that other stuff. Why do you think they sell so many iphones. Theyve been told theyre easy to use, they they look good and the nave a nice display.