Terrible battery thread

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So since the ota my battery has been getting pretty bad life. I'm just past the 14 days. So that would mean a CLNR device.. no thanks. I've seen that u should and shouldn't deep cycle the battery. And that you should and shouldn't run it dead and recharge it.

I personally don't know. When I ran mine dead, an emergency came up and I had to unplug it and run...with 40% battery on it. So maybe that's part of NY issue.

I keep everything off on my phone. And the odd thing is, I used to get almost 14 hours of almost straight running time off my battery... that meaning usage. Now I'd be lucky to get 5.

I'm getting concerned. Thoughts?? I appreciate it.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

msblueline

Reaction score
Run it dead before bed then plug it in and charge it fully.

Give it a reset. Just don't make a habit of it.

I'm running mine dead for the first time tonight. Then going to plug it in and charge it full over night. We'll see if that works. I only got 14 hours out of it today.

msblueline

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've had mine off charge for 2 hours and I'm down to 50%... using fb, the browser and this forum. But still wow. Idk. I hope this resolves itself. I don't want a cleaner phone

sent from my RAZR MAXX

msblueline

Reaction score
I'm at 5% 15 hours. Waiting to charge it up. You might have something running in the background. Menu, settings, apps, running apps. See what's eating your battery.

msblueline

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums.

Last edited:

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
My experience is the exact opposite of yours. I have had great battery life right out of the box. After the update about a week ago my battery life has actually gotten better. When on wifi doing my usual heavy use age of my unit my battery reading after a 16 hour day is in the mid to upper 60%. When away from wifi and on 3G the entire day doing the exact same thing but adding BT head set as well as GPS the lowest I have ever gotten is 30% and that's with not charging of any kind during the days use age.
The only setting I have changed is the screen to 29%. No smart actions or task manager intervention.

Last edited:

cece5702

Reaction score
So since the ota my battery has been getting pretty bad life. I'm just past the 14 days. So that would mean a CLNR device.. no thanks. I've seen that u should and shouldn't deep cycle the battery. And that you should and shouldn't run it dead and recharge it.

I personally don't know. When I ran mine dead, an emergency came up and I had to unplug it and run...with 40% battery on it. So maybe that's part of NY issue.

I keep everything off on my phone. And the odd thing is, I used to get almost 14 hours of almost straight running time off my battery... that meaning usage. Now I'd be lucky to get 5.

I'm getting concerned. Thoughts?? I appreciate it.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

Are you using Task Manager? Smart Actions? These two are phenomenal on battery life.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have everything set to shut down with task killer. My big battery eaters are the screen and browser.

But here's what's happened today. I turned off my phone last night, and let it charge over night. I usually charge overnight anyway. But now the battery is lasting like it used too.

Charger issue possibly or maybe a charging issue??.

As far as apps... I have 5 apps on my phone that didnt come with it. Power amp, DROID forums, another forum, power amp unlocker, history eraser. That's it.

So it seems that turning the phone off and letting it charge helped tremendously. Oddly.... so I'll continue to do that if need be. Sure won't be taking a CLNR phone....

sent from my RAZR MAXX

Last edited:
OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The odd thing is, I had my phone set just this way and I was getting 14 hours of constant use out of my phone. Anyhow... I just disabled background data... see if that helps.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

cece5702

Reaction score
The odd thing is, I had my phone set just this way and I was getting 14 hours of constant use out of my phone. Anyhow... I just disabled background data... see if that helps.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

That's good :) I'm not talking about Task killers its Task Manager its built into your phone. It's a pre-installed App on the Maxx

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I follow, I don't use task killers from the market... they don't allow the phone to operate correctly. I use the stock app. And have everything set to kill after the screen goes off.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

cece5702

Reaction score
I follow, I don't use task killers from the market... they don't allow the phone to operate correctly. I use the stock app. And have everything set to kill after the screen goes off.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

OK! Awesome :)

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So I installed juice defender.. on aggressive and now its working a lot better. I'm sitting at 90% battery. When I rehearse I always plug In my phone, idk y... but I do. So its working well now

sent from my RAZR MAXX

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Amazing some of the low battery life I am seeing in different threads. I have been using mine daily without regard to battery life. I usually go 12-14 hours off charge and get 4+ hours of screen on time and am usually at 40-50% left. I have no smart actions set, screen at 80%, GPS, wifi and bt on all the time.

cece5702

Reaction score
So I installed juice defender.. on aggressive and now its working a lot better. I'm sitting at 90% battery. When I rehearse I always plug In my phone, idk y... but I do. So its working well now

sent from my RAZR MAXX

JD is good! I used it on other phones but don't need it on the Maxx!