Terrible Audio Quality

m3kilpat

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced AWFUL sound quality for recorded videos with the Thunderbolt? I know of the issue where the audio is quiet if it's far away. This isn't what I'm talking about. I've taken videos (a bunch at concerts) and the audio is so distorted you can't even understand what song is being played. Of course the concert music is blaring loud, but my OG Droid was able to capture concert audio beautifully. Now I can't even watch my videos the audio quality is so terrible.

Is anyone else experiencing this or do you think I just have a faulty device? I haven't found anyone else with this problem after doing some searches so I'm thinking maybe it's just my device.

DAVID2010

Reaction score
I have had problems. But audio is not one of them. Overall, the pros outweigh the cons.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

turdbogls

Reaction score
i haven't noticed anything like this either, but i dont go to concerts so.....

but all my other videos have been pretty solid overall.

OP
m3kilpat

m3kilpat

Reaction score
Hmm then I think it just may be a faulty microphone in my device. I'll have to exchange it. Now I'll have to root again :/

johnd09

Reaction score
I took video of a fireworks show the other day and I didn't hear any distortion and it was pretty loud.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!!

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
i dont know if this matters and it wasnt poor sound from video i was having poor sound if not no sound from media such as games and video or music i even checked every setting i could and i still didnt have any sound from any media so what i did was a factory reset and after it booted back up everything worked great.

aka_rob

Reaction score
I had a similar issue. My headphone jack was cutting in and out and the sound from the speaker was horrible. Best Buy took it for a week and replace the speaker and jack.. works great now.