Terminal access to Droid...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mjgolli, Aug 13, 2010.

1. mjgolli

mjgolli New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, all. This is my first post since joining the forum. I just finished up rooting and updating my Droid A855 to 2.2 FRG22b thanks to all the great support here.

During the update, I was to use the command line code on the update page to install busybox and tried to use the Android Terminal and its ilk downloaded from the market. Whenever I tried to 'su', the program would lock up.

Just for sh*ts and giggles, I opened a program which I had installed on my stock system called "ConnectBot". I used this as a quickie SSH terminal for all my linux boxes to do minor maintenance and config when I was too lazy to get to a proper computer. This program, as I found, has a "local" connect mode which connects directly to the running system in the phone. Works a treat; 'su' causes Superuser Permissions to pop up like normal and ask for root privs. The busybox commands ran perfectly.

I have no vested interest in the ConnectBot program, other than I use it because it is a boss SSH client.

If I remember correctly, it is free in the market.

I hope this is the right place for this post!

Thanks everyone for all the great tutorials!

Search tags for this page

access command terminal droid 2

droid access terminal
how do i access my droid dna from a terminal session
how do i open terminal in android 2.2

how to access terminal android

how to connect to android terminal