Temporarily Unfollow Facebook Friends With The New "Snooze" Feature

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
facebook-snooze-jpg.78155

You know Facebook is always innovating at every corner! They have just begun rolling out a groundbreaking new feature that is sure to improve your mood and make each day worth living again. The new "Snooze" feature essentially allows you to temporarily mute your friends. It may sound a bit apathetic, but some friends have a tendency of oversharing their terrible lives putting a damper on your great mood.

We all have that one friend or acquaintance that seems to show up in your facebook feed with some negative comment or tragedy. It normally seems that they are OK and are really just looking for attention. With the new snooze feature you can simply remove their content from your feed for an amount of time you choose. You no longer need to unfriend or unfollow a person. You could simply unfollow the person before, but you may forget to follow them again later.

This feature would have been great during the presidential election cycle last year. There are people who i enjoy following that maybe got a bit too passionate about politics in my feed that I may have unfollowed and forgot to follow later. It would have been nice to just snooze them until the elections were over. You can see how this feature would be useful. The feature will be rolling out soon.

via Facebook

Attachments

• facebook-snooze.jpg
    facebook-snooze.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 4,707

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I never had an account so I sure don't miss it. was just noting in my previous post how fancy words to name something was not necessary. I mean snooze is just a fancy name for suspending.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
if i want to unfollow someone i want it to be permanent. and facebook isn't as bad as people make it out to be if you know what you're doing. a lot of news and government agencies post on facebook prior to releasing info to media outlets. just choose your interests carefully and you will have plenty of positive info input, kind of like reddit.