Temporarily Disable Touch or Freeze Screen?

nickdclements

Reaction score
So every time i hand my communicator to my mom to show her a picture or a video, she inevitably touches the screen, stopping playback, or swiping to a different picture.

any thoughts on an app that would temporarily freeze the phone while you are handing it to someone?
"look but don't touch" ;)

heyandy889

Reaction score
Necro!

Any word on this idea? I would love to disable the touch screen for viewing purposes. :-D

Rooted Droid X running Android 2.2 Froyo

joneschones

Reaction score
Necro!

Any word on this idea? I would love to disable the touch screen for viewing purposes. :-D

Rooted Droid X running Android 2.2 Froyo

I haven't tried it out yet, and have been wanting to get an app that locks scrren but till shows the app I am in from locked screen, mainly my shopping list. I did start up this topic in the past but no respons so I've been searching around, then dussenly it hit me when I read ur topic, why don't I just search "disable touch screen" in the android market and I have come acrossed "Screen Tools 1" it looks like it might be what we are looking for idk though. I dl'd it and gonna try it out now...

OP
nickdclements

nickdclements

Reaction score
WOW! it's a Christmas miracle!
I was just talking to my mom about this not 4 hours ago!

definitely a step in the right direction.
wont really work for things like video, and pictures in the gallery, you cant really get it to not display the picture tools... but it's still pretty cool

Lilmama82910

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Lg stylo 2
Great news I found a app that works great. Now you can share your pictures and not worry about the accidental closing of the app or sliding thru them. The app is called "TODDLER LOCK". So good luck hope this works for you.
God bless.