Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
templerun.jpg

The wait is over folks. The highly popular game that became number one on iOS is now available on Android!

The game centers around Guy Dangerous and other explorers that steal an idol from an ancient temple. The players control the characters and to begin the game the player must take the idol. These players are Guy Dangerous, Scarlett Fox, Barry Bones, Karma Lee, Montana Smith, Francisco Montoya, and Zack Wonder. However, the player's efforts to steal the treasure seem futile when a group of malignant demonic monkeys pursue the player out of the temple, thus initiating a "run."

There is no finish line; the object of the game is to run as far as possible by avoiding obstacles that require the player to either jump (slide finger forward), duck (slide finger backwards), or turn (slide finger to the right or left) in a precise manner. While all of this is happening, the player will be pursued by the "demonic monkeys". While playing, the player is required to tilt their device either to the left or the right to collect coins. These coins are primarily in the shape of a yellow diamond but according to their point value, they can also be a red diamond or a blue diamond, which is interpreted as a 2-point coin or a 3-point coin, respectively.​

templerun1.jpg
templerun2.jpg

templerun3.jpg
templerun4.jpg

Check out this hands-on gampeplay video courtesy of Android Community:

[video=youtube;QZbojHnfbB0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZbojHnfbB0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Grab Temple Run now for free from the Play Store

CJLee89

Reaction score
Force Close?

Does anyone else's force close when going back to the main menu after a game, viewing options, or stats? I have tried clearing data/cache. Stock and rooted.

Insidious

Reaction score
Runs flawlessly for me.... Now I wait for instagram.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Bpowder33

Reaction score
smooth on the Rezound, almost too smooth.. lol

Sent from my HTC Rezound

Reaction score
It does not work on the Bionic. The version is not compatible. I hope they just overlooked something because that's just crazy for it to not be compatible from the start on one of the more powerful phones on the market.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
It does not work on the Bionic. The version is not compatible. I hope they just overlooked something because that's just crazy for it to not be compatible from the start on one of the more powerful phones on the market.

Really? I've been waiting on this game forever (have it on my ipod) and I was just about to download it. That's unfortunate....

ballzdeap

Reaction score
Doesn't work on the Razr either. Highly disappointed...

Hopefully a compatibility update is in the near future.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Jeyman

Reaction score
Fun game but seems to lag from time to time on the droid 3. Crashed once when I hit a flame as well.

mantispid

Reaction score
I find it rather odd that it works on the OG Droid but not the Bionic or Razr...

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
works fine on my Tbolt..

Katt50

Reaction score

Did you try going to the Play Store on the web and download it that way. That's how I got it on my EVO 3D.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using DroidForums

Reaction score
Did you try going to the Play Store on the web and download it that way. That's how I got it on my EVO 3D.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using DroidForums

Yeah that was the only way I was able to find it on the market. It does not show up on my phones market because of the compatibility. It said on the left side in the compatibility box that it wasn't as well when I told it to download to my phone anyways.

Like someone else said it is funny how it works on the OG Droid though.