1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Temperature question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Skyscraper38, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Skyscraper38

Skyscraper38 New Member

What temps should i be worried about my phone reaching?
    I noticed yesterday when playing a game for a little bit my phone reached 100.6 F. not sure what normal temp is for playing games or videos.

Its also currently OC to 800max 250min. with BB v0.4 with nextheme.
  2. truestloyaltyeva

truestloyaltyeva New Member

I second you on this... Mines have tapped as high as 109.0 but im running on Jrummy Kangerade v4.0.7 w. P3 1200 kernals... but I mostly run as high 1100 and as low as 250... I need help and more clarification on which kernals to use because my phone is running perfect but I'd still like understanding. .. thanks

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

It's been said the critical level for your phones cpu to reach is 50 degrees Celsius or 122 degrees Fahrenheit. Your phone running at 100 degrees is nothing they are built to take some heat because keep in mind cars get much hotter then this on a hot day and people leave there phones in their car. Now because i am always overclocked i set my fail safe to 43.7 degrees Celsius or 110 Fahrenheit just to be safe according to the 50 degree critical level and because I wouldn't be able to replace it. I have gone over my fail safe a few times however. Any way your temperature is nothing to be concerned about I've reached that temp on a hot day with the screen off and running at 400mhz
  4. truestloyaltyeva

truestloyaltyeva New Member

Thanks a lot... that gave me a lot of clarity especially your comparison to a car... I love my Droid now my only problem is do I upgrade to the Droid x next week or do I wait for the Droid II to come out in August. ..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. Skyscraper38

Skyscraper38 New Member

How do you set your fail safe?
  6. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

I use setcpu which can be downloaded from the market and i believe it costs something like a dollar. In that you can go to the profiles tab and add a temp > profile then you set the temp and the cpu to under clock to. There are also free ones like overclockwidget that you can set a failsafe and other profiles in but i've always liked setcpu and recommend spending the extra dollar or two and i love the droid and it has been called the godfather some where on here and many developers will continue to develop for it as well as try to get it's rom onto the newer droids. I've put so much time into my droid that i wouldn't want to start over on a new droid plus the 1.2ghz my phone can run at is plenty of speed for me. The new droids to upgrade to would also be pretty expensive. And lastly the thread that called it the godfather compared it to the g1 which is still being developed for even after so much time. In my opinion i would wait till my upgrade is ready before getting a new phone the droid has enough already and it is not worth the few hundred you would have to spend to upgrade and buy a newer phone
  7. compywiz

compywiz New Member

My girlfriend left her moto backflip in her car one day and when we returned, android had a screen up that said the phone had overheated and would not operate (except for emergency calls) until the temperature was within range again.

Anyone know if the droid has this feature? It's pretty nice.

Not meant to hijack BTW =P, just contributing...
  8. MrC1122

MrC1122 New Member

my phone regularly gets to 110 while playing sandstorm. (20-30min) i use pete's ulv1.25ghz and have yet to suffer any kind of noticable damage. my failsafe is set to 122 and has not yet hit that point. although results may vary depending on your set up...100 should be perfectly safe.
  9. quit_killin_me

quit_killin_me New Member

I read on here a couple days ago that according to Motorola, 90 Celsius on the CPU, and 60 Celsius on the battery. I will see if I can find the link to post, but its here somewhere.
  10. rustynail09

rustynail09 New Member

Yes, the battery and CPU may have them max temps, but the thing you have to worry about is the "heat bleed" to the surrounding chips which have a temp problem at 63* c or 145*f.

See HERE! Overclocking 101
Search tags for this page

critical temperature for android phone

heatbleed hack

temprazr clock

what temp should an android phonerun

what temp should android be

what temperature should my android be

what's a critical temperature for my phone

whats normal temp for a phone

whats the highest temperature your phone should be at?