Temperature and different Chargers

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by FSRBIKER, Mar 24, 2010.

1. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER New Member

Interesting thing happens with my two different wall chargers. If I use my Motorola charger and say run Pandora it will get up to 93F but if I use an LG brand wall charger(bought with my phone from Verizon) it will get up to 111F and usually hover around 107F. These temps are on the CPU using Temp Monitor. I am using BB v0.8 with Adamz low voltage kernel(1000) overclocked to 800. Anyone else notice something like this? I was going to switch to the medium voltage kernel but once I checked the different charger I don't know anymore.

One other thing how long could you run Pandora at low volume unplugged with the screen off, I only turned it on to monitor the temp once and awhile. I had the battery go from 100% to 40% in just under 3 hours, does that seem right? Interesting thing that it showed my Screen eating up almost all the power but it wasn't even on.
  2. serveitup911

serveitup911 New Member

The droid is very sensitive to chargers. I have found that one of my usb chargers won't even charge the droid at all.

Pandora uses a lot of battery with its constant usage of 3G or wifi.

On many custom roms, the battery usage function does not work.
    Mine only shows display, phone idol, cell standby, and voice calls.
    It has been this way for me on droidmod and smoked glass - they don't show any app's battery usage.
  3. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER New Member

That's exactly what I noticed on the battery usage function, just those 4 things since I overclocked last night....it displayed everything with just the BB Rom though. No big deal really though. Time for another Motorola charger I guess.