Temp Monitor on BB v0.4 - Work Around Solution

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by bdholsin, Jul 9, 2010.

1. bdholsin

bdholsin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been having trouble getting Temp Monitor to show up in my notification bar while running BB v0.4. Not a big deal but I do like to see my CPU temp as I'm using my phone.

Anyway, I seem to have stumbled on a "work around" for this. Just apply Pete's "Fix Permission" from ROM Manager. Please note: you'll have to do this every time you make a ROM change such as a different kernel or theme.

I'm currently running BB v0.4, Blue Energy Theme, P3 kernel at 1000 Mhz.

I doubt I've discovered anything along the lines of extra terrestrial intelligence but just thought I'd pass along this little tid-bit of information.

2. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you sure you are seeing CPU temp? From everything I have read there is still no way to report CPU temps in Froyo just battery temps.

3. bdholsin

bdholsin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here is what I see: My notification bar shows 80 F. If I open Temp Monitor I see the OMAP3430 temp sensor also at 80 F and the system logged temp is 89 F.

My (limited) understanding is that the temp sensor reads the CPU, right? Or is the temp sensor the battery temp?

Great, you may be shooting holes in my "discovery". :)

4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    P3Droid's kernels (at least all the ones I've tested) will report the cpu temp initially and will update the temp for a short while. They will then not update temp. I tried 3-4 of them yesterday.

5. dta1984

dta1984 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep mine worked for a while, but it has been stuck at 21 C for a week or so. Ive tried to reboot but no luck.