Temp Monitor App

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by hookbill, Feb 27, 2010.

1. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I'm trying to decide if I want to keep this app. It seems that it has a temperature reading for the chip on the status bar that's inconsistent to what the temperature is in the actual app.

I also wonder if this app isn't sucking up battery unnecessarily. What do you guys think, is it worth keeping?
  2. nphil

nphil New Member

Depends on whether the app is showing system stored temp or real time temp. Also, the temp displayed in the app is realtime, whereas the temp displayed on the status bar is not (i've set mine to a 5 sec interval to save battery) which would explain why you get different readings.

You should really get this app if you intend on monitoring CPU temps, as its the only app that can .There's plenty of battery temp monitoring widgets out there. Also set the refresh time to something higher if you dont need real-time cpu monitoring, I've noticed a considerable battery drain when the refresh is set to 1 sec. I really don't know if the app polls the cpu when the phone is sleeping, I should send an e-mail to the dev about this.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  3. bastosero

bastosero New Member

I think it's still pretty useful. If you want to monitor more closely to real-time then you have to set the interval to the lowest one. Also, it doesn't hurt to see that kind of info except for the battery drain, but personally, I don't have an issue with battery power consumption with it.
Search tags for this page

android temperature monitor app

app to monitor home temperature
app to monitor house temp
cpu and battery temp in status bar
cpu temperature in status bar
home temperature monitor app
phone tempreture monitor apps