Temp Monitor App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide if I want to keep this app. It seems that it has a temperature reading for the chip on the status bar that's inconsistent to what the temperature is in the actual app.

I also wonder if this app isn't sucking up battery unnecessarily. What do you guys think, is it worth keeping?

nphil

Reaction score
Depends on whether the app is showing system stored temp or real time temp. Also, the temp displayed in the app is realtime, whereas the temp displayed on the status bar is not (i've set mine to a 5 sec interval to save battery) which would explain why you get different readings.

You should really get this app if you intend on monitoring CPU temps, as its the only app that can .There's plenty of battery temp monitoring widgets out there. Also set the refresh time to something higher if you dont need real-time cpu monitoring, I've noticed a considerable battery drain when the refresh is set to 1 sec. I really don't know if the app polls the cpu when the phone is sleeping, I should send an e-mail to the dev about this.

Last edited:

bastosero

Reaction score
I think it's still pretty useful. If you want to monitor more closely to real-time then you have to set the interval to the lowest one. Also, it doesn't hurt to see that kind of info except for the battery drain, but personally, I don't have an issue with battery power consumption with it.