* Tell the Blackdroid ROM community about yourself *

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by n0yxl, Apr 12, 2010.

1. n0yxl

n0yxl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are lots of cool, nice, smart, AND helpful people on this board; hopefully this thread will let us built some familiarity and associations to the names on here. :)

You don't have to get too personal, after all, this is the world wide intrawebs.

You could just state 1st name, age, occupation, hobbies and interests?

2. n0yxl

n0yxl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1st name: Kyle

Hobbies/Interests: I have always loved to fix things -mechanical especially. I started out at a young age; taking things apart to see how they tick, eventually I started being able to put them back together so they work! In my teens when I started driving, I got into building engines and transmissions -car's started becoming a big part of my life at that point. Today I have an Audi A4 quattro that I have heavy mods in; big turbo w/fueling, free flowing SS exhaust, adjustable coilovers and beefy anti-sway bars, lightened flywheel with stronger cluch, wider stickier tires, blah, blah, blah....been my money pit, but it's fun -my fun daily driver/weekend warrior.

I've been pretty into photography ever since digital cameras hit the market. I bought a Nikon D90 last year, and man I love it. I really enjoy taking pictures, and it's probably my new favorite hobby(well, outside of cars)! :)

Amateur/Ham Radio: I studied and got my "ham" license in '93, at the age of 16. I had a friend who had his license and was intrigued by the fact that he could communicate all over the world with a piece of equipment the size of a 12 pack. I haven't been so much into it lately, as I've mostly been too busy, but it's a neat hobby to fall back on on a rainy day. My username is my radio "callsign". November-zero-yankee-xray-lima spelled phonetically.

3. imabie09

imabie09 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ian, 19

I'm a student at Northeastern University studying computer science, now learning Java which got me to thinking how slick it would be to develop apps for my Droid. This phone has become an obsession for me, UD is unreal and I can't wait till I up my skills a bit. Other than that, I love soccer and the beach :icon_ banana:

#3 imabie09, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  4. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +292
    Scott, 49, Insurance Industry

Been a geek for a long time. That's why in 1983 I became a "Ham" Radio Operator myself. I can copy morse code to about 25 WPM. You'll hear me on the morse code or the digital modes during the fall and winter months. I enjoy contesting especially. Since 2004, I've confirmed 111 countries and have actually worked 141 countries, all continents including Arctica and Antarctica. Been interested in cell phones since 1992 when I got my first bag phone and the big question is "why do you need mobile communications". I even spent 2-1/2 years working for Verizon Wireless in a call center, so I know VZW and have a lot of contacts still there. Other hobbies include riding my 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 motorcycle. Went on a 200 mile ride on Sunday with it.

I have a daughter who is getting married in May, a 16 yr. old son and my wife (v. 2.0) who I married in 1998.

5. inmate369

inmate369 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm Jason ,age 30 , I make expensive sawdust (construction) my hobbies are tinkering and building just about anything. I also enjoy droidforums.net and chix:icon_ banana:

6. starscream

starscream Decepticon
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi my names starscream and im an addict ...

like thats not over used .. ... :icon_eek:

I'm 23, I live in Idaho and work for my local city gov killing weeds :)
    I love to mod ANYTHING i can take appart..
    >modded xbox1, 360, and ps3, PC, 91 Honda accord running JDM prelude H22 boosted to 36psi running low 11sec 1/4 too many mods to list,
    gas powered potato/anything that will fit cannon..

self proclaimed photoshop wiz..
    not so good on the programming side but i can make the image file for just about anything you want

#6 starscream, Apr 12, 2010
  7. jbg25

jbg25 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Josh, 33 Business Owner

Married with a 1 year old...so far. Have too may pets...dogs, birds, fish and cats. Spend way too much time watchin my Yanks.

I run several businesses involved in manufacturing, marketing, selling and fulfilling several different kinds of electronics and media. I have hated every cell phone I have every owned...until now. I am a life long android convert now...and cant wait to see what phones we all have in 10 years!

8. vrdubin6

vrdubin6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Name: Spenser

Occupation: Accounting - Graduated high school by the skin of my teeth due to lack of interest. After 4 years at the states largest beer and wine distributor I have worked my way up from shipping and receiving. I stepped up to an entry level accounts receivable position and have since moved to a solid accounts payable position as well as doing all of our banners/posters for the market. I just got a promotion that is getting me out of the graphics arena and dipping into the IT side of things... very excited about that.

Hobbies/Interests: I have always had a love for cars, computers, photography, punk music, hardcore, garage rock... well music in general I would say. I just got rid of my 2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro that was decently modified. It should help me set aside some money and build my savings.

Here is a taste of my old car and photography hobby.

[​IMG]

9. bradley975

bradley975 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi my name is Bob and I live in the central part of Washington State. I am a retired police officer and am turning 56 this year. I have been interested in computers for as long as I can remember. My first computer didn't have a hard drive. You typed in the program and then saved it to a cassette tape. It actually worked about a quarter of the time. I currently install home theater systems and home automation very part time. I also work for a general contractor building houses.

10. McLovin926

McLovin926 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dave
    Truck driver
    I like computers, hacking, graphic design, long walks on the beach, romantic comedies, fine wines, and clubbing baby seals.:heart:

11. socalrailroader

Redwood Valley,NW CA/But SoCal Born&Raised/+Pocate
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I'm 10 feet tall, weight 520 pounds, have black eyes, long, curly hair, have green skin, bugged out eyes, I live in a cave and breathe fire at my enemies, oh, and I live alone and I scare away bad people for a living...Nah, I just had to throw a funny out, I will tell more about me later, only half of that is true :D LOL

12. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm Nathan :) 20 y/o

Played music my whole life basically. Mainly guitar and bass. But, I think all my obsessive hobby behavior has shifted over from music, to Android lol...ever since I got my Droid back in November I just keep learning more and more and it doesn't seem to ever get old :) I have really long hair and I love tattoos...lol I'm not a hippy though :p

#12 natediddy1120, Apr 12, 2010