Tell me Why I should buy a Droid!

GryphonD

Reaction score
Well....

As for Turn by Turn nav... I have to look down on the Droids current version simply due to the fact that you can easily get a modded version of full Garmin Mobile (at no cost other than installing it your self) on any current BB and it flat out, out performs the one I have used on the Droid.

I do love my Droid, likely as much and in ways less and in ways, more than my Tour...

What it really needs in my opinion is Garmin mobile just as the BB can have, Vlingo Pro Anywhere and a couple other small things. Oh, a stronger SFI/Radio would be great also.... for my area that is...

As for SFI/Radio or what ever the file is in MD... Where I live, in NW Oregon-US, The BB always had between 3-4 bars SR and in the same exact locations, my MD gets 1-3. Though oddly both phones have stronger and or weaker signal in varying areas.

I think what it really comes down to is your use of the phone, your likes and wants...

Reaction score
In lurking I have developed some doubts I have been planning to get one since it came out and I am ready to heat to the store today. My biggest concern is First generation tech.

I have waited for years to get an iPhone and will not change to ATT

My sister has a BB Storm 2 and I was not impressed with it

I have personally used the palms and did not like those ether and currently I am using my Dare with unlimmited data (my Dare has died three times) FYI this bites

I am an engineer and I like to tinker but I need the functionality of organization and info at my fingertips

I know this is still vague I read all the posts and links I guess if anything just tell me what you like about

As someone who came from a BB Curve and a BB Storm, I can tell you it is a world of difference. The speed alone on internet is worth it. It's one of those things YOU need to experience for yourself to understand and know whether you will like it or not. As for me...this thing is bangin!

th9203

Reaction score
Just do it...

:icon_ devil:
I lurked for a week or so here and a couple of other forums looking and listening before I jumped in and bought two Droids. One for myself and one for my computer phobic wife. I have experience with BB and an older LG. The LG was a horrilble experience but the BB was much better.

The main advantage that the BB had was it's keyboard. I have to use my finger nails on the Droid KB while I could two finger type fairly well with the BB.

In ALL OTHER AREAS the Droid is waist and shoulders above the BB. It is adaptable, if you don't like something, change it. The Navigation needs some work but it has potential.

Do the 30 day trial and give it your own honest evaluation. :)

By the way, the wife has become an expert with relatively little input from me other than conceptual issues. :icon_eek: Who would have ever known?

ZBoater

Reaction score
I have to carry a BB Tour because of my job, but it just won't cut it as my personal "gadget". I've been an iPhone user since i-Day, with the iPhone and then the iPhone 3GS.

All I can tell you is that the Droid runs CIRCLES around the iPhone for the geeks at heart. (Sorry Apple, but it's true). Being able to customize the phone, load whatever I want on it, have a REAL keyboard when I feel like it, being able to replace the battery, have a flash on a 5MP camera, not to mention how much better service I am experiencing from Verizon over AT&T - you add it all up and this is as close to gadget heaven as I have ever been.

A note on the keyboard though - being an iPhone user I apparently got used to the on-screen keyboard to the point I am not using the real keyboard much. I think I am a candidate for a Nexus if it ever comes to Verizon. But as far as I am concerned, Google > Apple when it comes to the mobile phone integration with cloud applications. I am still amazed at the Google Voice and Maps/Navigation integration.

choklitcow

Reaction score
Because if you don't, Lucas Arts won't get their cut on the Droid name. We all know the Star Wars franchise needs more money.

Also, your children will grow up deformed without one and it helps you win the lottery.

romanrish

Reaction score
You shouldn't be asking us why you should but one. You should be giving the droid reasons why it should allow you to purchase it. Chuck Norris wears Droid pajamas.