Tell me this is not normal battery issue

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine is pretty horrible after charging my phone all night, i was at 5% by about 130pm I have been trying to redce battery usage by keeping the volume low or on vibrate, turning off hepatic feedback, and diming the screen down.. I also do not run bluetooth unless I'm using it, nor wifi... I have been struggling to get this phone charged all day but it deemd to get down to 15% pretty easy... idk how or why my battery goes so fast. :/
the hell you say

Zippster

Reaction score
The phone is defiitely cutting edge, batterys have yet to catch up is the problem, I spent the day at the hospital yesterday for my wifes surgery and of course to pass time was using my droid the way you would, some web surfing and then watching some videos from online, problem is, even from a full battery I found myself having to shut it down because I was down to like 20% left in probably an hours use.......I need the phone to still be available so had to do like the rest of the sheeple who dont have droids then and just sit and wait. :mad: I guess the option is to bring your power cord and sit near an outlet.

OP
neemo6

neemo6

Reaction score
I wonder if there is anything to this 2.0.1 update and killing batteries. Like i said I got this phone last weekend so I have no experience w/ 2.0, so I have nothing to compare it to. But voice calls do seem to devour battery life.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The phone is defiitely cutting edge, batterys have yet to catch up is the problem, I spent the day at the hospital yesterday for my wifes surgery and of course to pass time was using my droid the way you would, some web surfing and then watching some videos from online, problem is, even from a full battery I found myself having to shut it down because I was down to like 20% left in probably an hours use.......I need the phone to still be available so had to do like the rest of the sheeple who dont have droids then and just sit and wait. :mad: I guess the option is to bring your power cord and sit near an outlet.

Dimming the screen saves tons of battery life....

Zippster

Reaction score
Dimming the screen saves tons of battery life....

That is one thing I have to set again, had the autodim setting on first release but the constant changing of screen brightness drove me nuts. Wont help with watching videos though. :icon_evil:

Fairfax Droid

Reaction score
My wife's Droid had a standby battery life of about 1/3 of my droid, with all settings the same. Something was wrong with her phone. She got her droid at Best Buy, and I took her phone into the Verizon Store. After explaining the issue 2 or 3 times, and insisting that her phone battery life was different than mine, the Verizon Store gave her a new battery.

I'm willing to bet there are a fair amount of complaints on battery life, and the first step is to give the customer a new battery.

Reaction score
fairfax, did getting a new battery for your wife resolve the problem or is your experience still the same? my batt sucks too, i'll be lucky to get 12 hrs with less than avg usage...12 HRS!!