tehtering ps3

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Technically I guess you can....But it would be painfully slow....

And with data transfers like that.....You'll be a target for VZW......

OP
B

beneharris

Reaction score
I akready run off a verizon aircard, wouod it be a buncch slower than that?

-JD-

Reaction score
You *can* technically tether the droid to the PS3.. but since the playstation doesn't support ad-hoc networks.. you would need to tether your droid to a computer.. then bridge the connection to the ethernet port on the PC.. and hook the PC to either a wireless router or directly to the PS3.. pretty much the same type of setup you have to use with the aircard. And it wouldn't be any slower than the aircard.. in fact it could be faster depending on which aircard you are using.

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You *can* technically tether the droid to the PS3.. but since the playstation doesn't support ad-hoc networks.. you would need to tether your droid to a computer.. then bridge the connection to the ethernet port on the PC.. and hook the PC to either a wireless router or directly to the PS3.. pretty much the same type of setup you have to use with the aircard. And it wouldn't be any slower than the aircard.. in fact it could be faster depending on which aircard you are using.

At least with the aircard he's "legal"

-JD-

Reaction score
Yeah.. The aircard is alot easier setup too. Either way I'd keep a close eye on your usage and keep it below the 5GB cap.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Yeah.. The aircard is alot easier setup too. Either way I'd keep a close eye on your usage and keep it below the 5GB cap.

5gb cap on the Aircard....
No cap on the Droid :icon_ banana:.... There will most likely be a 5gb cap when the tethering plan comes out for it.....

OP
B

beneharris

Reaction score

5gb cap on the Aircard....
No cap on the Droid :icon_ banana:.... There will most likely be a 5gb cap when the tethering plan comes out for it.....

i didnt think there was a cap on the aircard, ive never had a problem with it. and i read on here that there is a cap on tethering for the droid right now since there technically is no plan for it?

Reaction score
I have been tethering my droid from the first day I got it. The ps3 was the first connction I made I use my win 7 laptop as a wifi hotspot and online gmaing does not use much mb. If you turn on pda net and then start your ps3 and connct to your online game and watch the data usage on your phone it is actually very lil about 5-10 mb per game depending on the game.