'TegraZone' Gaming Store Announced by Nvidia

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jan 8, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Nvidia is creating a gaming store they call the 'TegraZone'! (I wonder if we'll hear the ghost of Rod Serling talking it up?) This gaming store will focus on all games that utilize and require their new Tegra 2 processors. Yeah, it seems like a marketing gimmick, but you can't blame Nvidia for wanting to showcase their spiffy new dual-core processor. The TegraZone also has another cool feature; the TegraZone app store will do away with the 50MB app size limit. It'll be nice to have a specific place to go that only has 'higher-end' (tech specs wise) games. What are your thoughts?

Source: Nvidia
    by dgstorm
  2. Bilgediver

Bilgediver New Member

As long as their purchasing methods are WAY better than Gameloft, I'm all for it.

I like Gameloft's games, very high end, but attempting to buy games from their website leads to much frustrations, especially when you're attempting to get them on a non-standard device, like my freaking Archos 70 Internet tablet.

If nVidia comes up with a content delivery system for Android like the Google Market or even the way Steam operates for a PC (quite similar), I'm all for it.
  3. DaWolf85

DaWolf85 New Member

Question: If the games on this store will require a Tegra 2, why is it shown being used on an Incredible rather than a Tegra 2 phone?
  4. Bilgediver

Bilgediver New Member

Somebody must have noticed cause the website is showing the newest lg phone.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App