Tegra 3 May Show Up at MWC

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
this is exactly why i upgraded to the DroidX during christmas even though i knew the dual cores were coming out, id rather have the BEST of the current generation than a shakey "new" phone just because it has hype

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What i'd rather see come out is better battery tech. You can add all the fancy bells and whistles to things you want, sooner or later you will reach the limit of what you can do with the current battery tech.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
What i'd rather see come out is better battery tech. You can add all the fancy bells and whistles to things you want, sooner or later you will reach the limit of what you can do with the current battery tech.

Replace the D1 keyboard with a honking big battery and we'd get some serious mileage out of a single charge.

In all seriousness, the 1400mah battery is pretty small. They should be able to work 2 into a phone, especially if there's no physical keyboard

brando56894

Reaction score
I'll definitely agree that we need better battery tech. If I run my droid at 1 GHz constantly while the screen is on (and from 125-500 with the screen off) it will last maybe about 5 or 6 hours, which is pretty pathetic IMO.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'll definitely agree that we need better battery tech. If I run my droid at 1 GHz constantly while the screen is on (and from 125-500 with the screen off) it will last maybe about 5 or 6 hours, which is pretty pathetic IMO.

But it's a mobile phone, 5-6 hours of continuous use like that on a battery isn't really intended use. They aren't laptop replacements, and there aren't many laptops (even with extended batteries) that will get you more than 5-6 hours.

I agree with you that better battery life is desired, but other than a long flight there aren't many places I would be using 5-6 hours continuously away from a power source. And the reality is, battery tech in general has been disappointing, whether it be laptops, electric cars, etc...

Like I said, take the keyboard off the D1 and you could put a big honking extended battery on there to create about the same size. But more than bulk and weight, I think the issue is such a large battery would push costs to a point where phones would be higher than the "sweet spot" mfrs think prices are at. I think a big part of why we aren't seeing a phone with the latest tech on everything is it will simply cost too much to sell well.