Tech Support Agent has arrived... :)

techiegrl

Reaction score
:heart: Hi. I'm Techiegrl. I actually do Technical Support on the :greendroid: Android phones. Please, don't hesitate to ask me any questions. It's my job, after all. :) :icon_ banana:

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome, techiegrl! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:

OP
T

techiegrl

Reaction score
Thank you much. Do appreciate the kindness.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Why doesn't Android use the GPU to accelerate the GUI?

OP
T

techiegrl

Reaction score
I don't believe it's accurate to say that Android doesn't use the GPU to boost the GUI. But I will say this, CPU usage is relied to run many things on the Android devices. Reasons as to why, are probably numbered in the hundreds. But as time goes by, I'm sure this is something that Android will rectify in order to keep up with the infamous Iphone.

They are coming out now with phones that actually have better processors to accomodate this change. I think it's just a matter of time before we see that being used more and more in the newer versions of Android.

Keep in mind, Android isn't that old of an OS. It's actually quite new.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome techiegirl....

Great to have you here on the forums.

Enjoy your stay.

OP
T

techiegrl

Reaction score
My phone is out of commission @ the moment. But I have a Droid Eris with 2.1 installed, as soon as I get it back, definitely let you know.

OP
T

techiegrl

Reaction score
Not until the 2.1 update in April, but the Nexus One already has the capabilities, but to avoid copyright infringement, the correct term is "Pinch to zoom."

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Not until the 2.1 update in April, but the Nexus One already has the capabilities, but to avoid copyright infringement, the correct term is "Pinch to zoom."

Awww, you failed your first quiz.

The eris does have pinch.