Tech of the 80's

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I remember well some of these. Some of it was 70's stuff, playing pong on the Curtis Mathew, definitely 70's. Just gave up my pager a couple years ago because it stopped working, could've stopped working 10 years ago. Only noise it ever made was when it was hungry for a new AAA. Best score I made, Kmart or Target had RCA VCR's on sale. The advertised units had a wired remote, I needed 2 units, so the kind lady went to the back and grabbed 2 from the back and rung up the sale. I got 2 wireless VCR's. UPC wouldn't let that happen today. Never owned a CD player until this century, I'm still thinking the Digital Compact Cassette is going to win the battle over CDs. Beta VHS, lost money on. Laser Disc, lost money on. Few other techs that didn't pan out I'm quite sure. Like any teenager, mostly 20's, growing up in the 80's, stereos reigned supreme. Followed by my yaesu 102 amateur radio.

We must...We must...increase our boost

xtor

Reaction score
Hifi vcr, my carver cd player i bought in germany in 88 and bose am5 speakers....that i still have.

DV65

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hifi vcr, my carver cd player i bought in germany in 88 and bose am5 speakers....that i still have.

DV65
Hifi vcr. I remember the first time hearing the helicopter going from left to right then disappear from sound after dropping the commandos down into the jungle in Predator. That was great stuff back then hearing the stereo sound of them going over the heads of the filmed action and sounded like it was outside my house. Real cutting edge technology for its time. Now a little plastic bar under my tv and an 8" subwoofer behind it vibrate the windows the way it used to take a mammoth sized pair of 3 way speakers with 15" woofers

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><