tech issues

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by adriannetomas, Feb 17, 2010.

1. adriannetomas

adriannetomas New Member

i cheek dial all the time- the screen sensors dont work well. the phone just hangs up on ppl all the time and cant figure out why. the phone only uses the way i setup to be notified sometimes, sometimes no notifaction somes it just beeps and lights up and sometimes it does it the way i setit up to???
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

How long have you had your phone? If you have just had it a short time and don't have a lot of apps take it back. If you've had it for a while do a factory wipe and see how it works with no apps on it. Add apps on 1 at a time until you find the app that's causing you a problem.
  3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

There is a know issue with long hair or sideburns and the proximity sensor. I didn't read all the stuff, but I know there are a lot of threads dealing with it. No idea if anyone has come up with a solution other than using a headset.

I agree with Hook, I'd do a factory reset if I was having random problems like the notifications issue.
  4. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

Download SensorTest from the Market, I think the one I have was made by AtmoWorker, free. Run the app, and scroll down to the PROXIMITY readout.

Now, the proximity sensor is IR and on the upper left hand of the phone (kinda like where your notification led is, just on the other side.) Put a finger up there, and pull it back, watch for a change in numbers on the sensor.

Mine shows 2.147***** with nothing blocking it, and 3.0 with my finger blocking it.

I have read that some people have done this, and the sensor was stuck on .33 or something like that, indicating a bad sensor.