tech is going up, so why is Network cost going up with more caps?

knighthonor

Reaction score
tech is going up. I would expect the maintenance cost for network to go down. so why is the cost going up, with more caps being added?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
more smartphones + more people = more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

data caps so network doesn't get bogged down I guess, but really it's just an easier way for companies to make money.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I would blame it mostly, if not all, on greed. No matter how advanced technology gets, or how fewer resources that advanced technology uses, it all goes back to money. Businesses use advancements in tech to their advantage, especially to the ill-informed customers of those businesses. Especially when it pertains to electronic devices such as our beloved phones that we seemingly can't live without and are forced to have due to certain reasons that are different for each individual person. Just my 2¢.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

googlelover

Reaction score
I would say its just Verizon wanting to get the most bang for their buck, but they do have a lot of costs right now. Just look at how fast they are deploying their LTE network. Lots of labor costs etc. for that at least.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I would say its just Verizon wanting to get the most bang for their buck, but they do have a lot of costs right now. Just look at how fast they are deploying their LTE network. Lots of labor costs etc. for that at least.

Yeah they are deploying LTE at a very quick rate, even faster than they thought they would I believe.

Other than getting LTE, you think consumers really care about how hard other people have to work to get it to the general public? Unfortunately that kind of thinking or consideration has been long dead. We're a "want it now" society and put little thought into how much work actually goes into the products we buy. That's a whole different subject though:)