Tech Explosion! Several Big Launches Coming Next Week

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
As it turns out, I'm badly in need of a clean install (been a few years). So the timing works out perfectly for me. I'm also going to be smarter about partitioning my data separately from the OS. Install what I need and use, and then make an iso back-up I can use to periodically easily restore to brand-new.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
As it turns out, I'm badly in need of a clean install (been a few years). So the timing works out perfectly for me. I'm also going to be smarter about partitioning my data separately from the OS. Install what I need and use, and then make an iso back-up I can use to periodically easily restore to brand-new.

I would like to have just an OS install partition as well. I'm toying with the idea of building a desktop since I've never had one before and this is the route I would go.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I would like to have just an OS install partition as well. I'm toying with the idea of building a desktop since I've never had one before and this is the route I would go.

it's easy on a desktop - just install multiple drives, maybe a smaller (more affordable SSD) for your OS

but I've heard something about Win10 being different, and not needing recovery/back-up disks.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
it's easy on a desktop - just install multiple drives, maybe a smaller (more affordable SSD) for your OS

but I've heard something about Win10 being different, and not needing recovery/back-up disks.

I have a couple of SSDs laying around that I removed from some PS3 consoles before throwing them out. I had upgraded two of our PS3s from the 60GB HHDs to the 128GB SSDs.

I had already put them in the trash bag before remembering that I had upgraded them. They will come in handy down the road somewhere I am sure.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
128GB is more than enough. You could easily get by with 64GB for an OS partition.