Teather question

sports96

Reaction score
I was wandering if there was a way to tether my Motorola Droid so that my Ipod touch could use the wifi? If so how can I do this.

Thanks

Last edited:

samiusmc

Reaction score
If you are rooted, there is a free app that enables wireless tethering.

ruinah

Reaction score
I have this same question. JhankG - your link doesn't work. I used to use WMWifirouter for my Winmo phones and it worked great. Wish there was an easy app to do the same thing on the Droid. So, we HAVE to root in order to wireless tether correct? I might just need to read up on Sholes rom and do that to get this feature.

mvezz

Reaction score
Sholes makes the whole process very easy! Either download it for $5 from the market or go to Sholes and download the .apk there. Make sure to have chosen to install the wifi tether when you flash the rom and you're all set.

ruinah

Reaction score
I might just have to do that. You have to re-install all of your apps though right? This looks like a complete wipe of the phone. Not a bad thing I guess but will have to setup mobile email and stuff all over again. Not the end of the world for what this looks like it provides.

Privette1995

Reaction score
I installed Sholes mod from the market and have rooted my phone without losing anything...do it!!!!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

jasonb

Reaction score
Will we still be able to wifi tether when 2.1 is released; will we only be able to so long as we can still root?

i may not be the best person to answer this but as far as i am aware people are scared that once 2.1 is on their phone that they will no longer be able to root their phones if they choose to.

whatever rom you decide to load onto your phone should have a patch built into it that will block the OTA updates.