Team Win Recovery Project Is Ready For The HTC One M8 on Verizon!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It seems like I am flooding the news feed with M8 stuff today, but when you get a huge development like S-Off on a flagship device the floodgates burst open. For those of you with the device this will be a good thing I am sure. Clock Work Mod Recovery was ready to go pretty early on. If you have been using that it works just fine, but many of you like myself prefer TWRP. It is a touch based recovery that is far more easier to use than the cumbersome pushing of buttons that is required for navigating Clock Work Mod Recovery. It should be noted that the download link has been pulled from the development thread due to a few people saying that the recovery caused their devices to be bricked. It is more likely that they flashed something they shouldn't have flashed. TWRP itself should be working just fine. Developers have said that you may get a few reboots, but nothing that will cause your device to brick. If for some reason you just can't get TWRP to work you can always go back to CWMR. The thread and download links are provided below.

Download: TWRP_M8_WLV.img

Via XDA

jspradling7

Reaction score
Just a little FYI. I'm on Verizon, S-Off, rooted unsecure kernel, and running this recovery. Everything seems to work except backing up to the SD card. I was able to make a backup to the internal storage though.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just a little FYI. I'm on Verizon, S-Off, rooted unsecure kernel, and running this recovery. Everything seems to work except backing up to the SD card. I was able to make a backup to the internal storage though.

Thanks for the heads up