Team Turbo or Team Nexus 6

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid to try a naked phone, I do mine enough with the case on it. though this turbo looks tough

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The Mrs. has an S5 that will not be compatible when we switch carriers. Hmmm.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid to try a naked phone, I do mine enough with the case on it. though this turbo looks tough

I will be putting a lifeproof case on it . when it becomes avail

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm betting those were a Verizon request.
I don't know, seems to make sense but that's a tough call because there are other phones that Verizon carries which don't have capacitive buttons. Is this them trying to keep the Droid line different from others?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I believe that's a matter of opinion, I rather prefer the capacitive keys. I hate on screen keys stealing my screen real estate.

I'm in this camp too. However having buttons on the screen rather than fixed and permanent does offer an added flexibility being that those buttons can be changed to do other things, for instance they now have buttons that have the amount of charge showing on the home button, so that eliminates the need for it to be in the status bar.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus

I have never dropped a phone so I am going to try not using one. I will need a standby case for when the youngins want to borrow the phone though.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did anyone pre order nexus 6

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus-Dskin.png

Very funny!! ;)

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Team nexus: looks like Google play sold out of nexus 6 already. But I'm betting they had limited inventory to build up a demand

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
For maybe 15 minutes a few people had them listed as able to be placed in their cart from 1:45-2:00. Twice, I had a 64GB Midnight one but when I hit the button my cart immediately said it was empty.

Wow. That was worse than the Moto 360!

TatDroid

Reaction score
I'm team Turbo all the way, for its bigger battery and smallER (but definitely not small) screen. I also thought I was team red - until about an hour ago.

I stopped into one of the Verizon stores in town and said "I know it's not on sale till tomorrow, but wondered if there were any samples to see". The greeter guy said "let me ask" and went into the back. A few minutes later the manager came over, pulled a ballistic nylon Turbo out if his pocket and said "You didn't see this. Awesome, right?" And he was right. It felt comfortable in my hand, not too big. And I REALLY like the ballistic nylon. "Thanks. I'll be back tomorrow!"

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For maybe 15 minutes a few people had them listed as able to be placed in their cart from 1:45-2:00. Twice, I had a 64GB Midnight one but when I hit the button my cart immediately said it was empty.

Wow. That was worse than the Moto 360!
May be a blessing in disguise if that story about T-Mobile getting it on the 12th ends up being true.

Would not be surprised if all the carrier stores get it then.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
May be a blessing in disguise if that story about T-Mobile getting it on the 12th ends up being true.

Would not be surprised if all the carrier stores get it then.

The phone would HAVE to be delivered before then. If not they're asking for a boatload of cancelled orders. I wonder if VZW would be jerks about using a TMo purchased N6 on their network?

Also, I picked up a Dbrand skin. I've never skinned a phone before so it'll be interesting. The N6 is a prime candidate for it.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Im going to break down easily if you are a fan of Motorola and love the "Nexus 6" then here are the pro on both of devices.

Pro on Nexus 6:
6 inches
Stock Os without moto enhancements.
Slighty faster update depends on your carrier
Gsm unlock with 4g lte
Purchase through the 4 US carriers.

Pro on Droidturbo:
3900 mah compare to 3200 mah that seem average battery life on 6 inches oversized phablet .
Better ppi 565 vs 493
Moto enchancements
Smaller screen
21 megapixes over 13.
Probably gsm unlock like droid line from 2013. Without 4g lte maybe HSPA + on tmobile and att

Everything on the device like CPU, ram,GPU,software is pretty much similar if not the same to each other same with SOC.

Both display are 2k display( 2048 × 1536 pixels) new Qhd not the one from 2011 960x540.
Like if you think my comments are helpful

Last edited: