Team Turbo or Team Nexus 6

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I really hate that the Turbo is only on Verizon. It removes an option for me.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I really hate that the Turbo is only on Verizon. It removes an option for me.
It's not.. Its been rumored to be coming to at&t and t-mobile..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm droid all the way.. But you never know.. A nexus could be in my future..

starloveshop

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
im very appreciate this information. So what is different between this product with others from motorola and can u tell me how to get this one.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It's amazing how you get used to larger screens ..now my M8 screen seems so small at 5 ...haha
Turbo looks great but if not 64GB I would eliminate it from my list if it came out for other carriers ..

M8 tap'd

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's not.. Its been rumored to be coming to at&t and t-mobile..

I do not see much proof to that rumor in the fact that motorola would be cannibalizing themselves. The Droid-line devices are a yearly thing because of a contract between verizon and motorola. A few years ago Motorola was trying to throw some bait out there to other carriers, in particularly the Atrix line for At&t. The fact is Motorola outside of Verizon was not as big a hit as they thought in that when they were up against everyone else's big guns they did not fair well. They achieved success with the moto x line but mainly because of pricing and moto maker. Motorola will garner momentum from the X-line on other carriers as well as the geek culture hyping them up with the Nexus line. To throw another device brand out there when they are trying to establish an identity would be the Motorola of yester-year. Had they not had the Moto X 2014 then they may have done so but with the moto X 2014 having similar internals as well as being what motorola want to be their signature brand it would be foolish to release a turbo-like device on other carriers. With that said At&t could call for the device in the form of another Atrix to give Atrix fans an updated device but then at&t would be running the risk of having inventory that they would not be able to move in either the form of the nexus, turbo, or x 2. Have to have a strategy in these things where you space out your devices (ie Samsung) or release one phablet one smart phone. But to release 2 flagship smartphones and a phablet in the same period is just career suicide.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I do not see much proof to that rumor in the fact that motorola would be cannibalizing themselves. The Droid-line devices are a yearly thing because of a contract between verizon and motorola. A few years ago Motorola was trying to throw some bait out there to other carriers, in particularly the Atrix line for At&t. The fact is Motorola outside of Verizon was not as big a hit as they thought in that when they were up against everyone else's big guns they did not fair well. They achieved success with the moto x line but mainly because of pricing and moto maker. Motorola will garner momentum from the X-line on other carriers as well as the geek culture hyping them up with the Nexus line. To throw another device brand out there when they are trying to establish an identity would be the Motorola of yester-year. Had they not had the Moto X 2014 then they may have done so but with the moto X 2014 having similar internals as well as being what motorola want to be their signature brand it would be foolish to release a turbo-like device on other carriers. With that said At&t could call for the device in the form of another Atrix to give Atrix fans an updated device but then at&t would be running the risk of having inventory that they would not be able to move in either the form of the nexus, turbo, or x 2. Have to have a strategy in these things where you space out your devices (ie Samsung) or release one phablet one smart phone. But to release 2 flagship smartphones and a phablet in the same period is just career suicide.
I agree.. But we've been surprised before..

realged13

Reaction score
I am still learning towards the Turbo mainly because of the battery, but some people have me second guessing. Main reason is I like the Notes and thought about having a similar device.

I guess I am going to wait for the side by side comparisons of the two devices.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
B1CxUM8IYAEjmVJ.jpg:large

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's amazing how you get used to larger screens ..now my M8 screen seems so small at 5 ...haha
Turbo looks great but if not 64GB I would eliminate it from my list if it came out for other carriers ..

M8 tap'd

Team Turbo scores another point with 64GB model

B1CyopTIIAA9U9N.jpg:large

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
There were two Motos that passed through the FCC. One of them is rumored for AT&T and TMo due to the frequencies that do not include Verizon's CDMA bands.