Team D1-SenseUI

illmatic636

Reaction score
How about it fellas?

Zen, have been working with Jamel on the SenseUI port? MIUI looks pretty damn good, but how about Sense? No sense in Sense since 3.0 is due out soon? (Gingerbread)

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
How about it fellas?

Zen, have been working with Jamel on the SenseUI port? MIUI looks pretty damn good, but how about Sense? No sense in Sense since 3.0 is due out soon? (Gingerbread)

I talked with him while he was doing the port. Throwing ideas back and forth and tested for him. But I have a hero so seeing sense is not all that important to me. But I'm very interested in that 3.0 you speak of.

OP
illmatic636

illmatic636

Reaction score
How about it fellas?

I talked with him while he was doing the port. Throwing ideas back and forth and tested for him. But I have a hero so seeing sense is not all that important to me. But I'm very interested in that 3.0 you speak of.

Very true. Why port Sense if you have it already(makes no sense). Us here with the Droid1's will have to upgrade our hardware for Android 3.0. I believe they say it requires Dual Processor or one equivalent to HummingBird. Well thanks for the response.

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
How about it fellas?

Very true. Why port Sense if you have it already(makes no sense). Us here with the Droid1's will have to upgrade our hardware for Android 3.0. I believe they say it requires Dual Processor or one equivalent to HummingBird. Well thanks for the response.

I think that's just a rumor. I hope. I believe gingerbread will run on the droid. Omap3 is ARMv7 based like the snapdragon and almost as fast.

What I'm getting as is I doubt Google will abandon the nexus one.
And anything it can run our Droids can run. Although lack of RAM might be a factor.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
How about it fellas?

nah i think it will run fine on our hardware....

OP
illmatic636

illmatic636

Reaction score

I think that's just a rumor. I hope. I believe gingerbread will run on the droid. Omap3 is ARMv7 based like the snapdragon and almost as fast.

And anything it can run our Droids can run. Although lack of RAM might be a factor.

I thought they already have abandoned the N1? Hope you are correct though. I have another year with the Droid gen 1.

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

I thought they already have abandoned the N1? Hope you are correct though. I have another year with the Droid gen 1.

Think about the D/S (dream/sapphire), the 2 oldest devices are running the latest 2.2.1. Im sure we will be able to run 3.0, they would have to really change a LOT for it not to work for us.

OP
illmatic636

illmatic636

Reaction score

Think about the D/S (dream/sapphire), the 2 oldest devices are running the latest 2.2.1. Im sure we will be able to run 3.0, they would have to really change a LOT for it not to work for us.

Very good point.

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

They didn't abandon the n1 they just stopped pushing it on the online store. Its still the official dev phone for now.

Z

ZeroBarrier

Just wanted to pitch in my 2 cents by saying, the only thing I like about sense is the fact that it has smooth animations on your home screens (like the weather widget); other than that, I hate sense, I even hate how it looks...

Carry on.

megawatz

Reaction score
i downloaded fancy widget, which isn't fully SenseUI, and it's not available since HTC hates anyone who imitates it. However, someone's gotta have it for those who are just interested in the clock and weather.

OP
illmatic636

illmatic636

Reaction score
i downloaded fancy widget, which isn't fully SenseUI, and it's not available since HTC hates anyone who imitates it. However, someone's gotta have it for those who are just interested in the clock and weather.

What you are asking for is a paid app called Weather Widget, or beautiful widgets. Other imitations of Sense are located in Launcherpro Plus.

My advice is to purchase these apps. They are worth the couple of bucks.

This site DOES NOT support Warez

Z

ZeroBarrier

What you are asking for is a paid app called Weather Widget, or beautiful widgets. Other imitations of Sense are located in Launcherpro Plus.

No, he is asking for exactly what he is asking for. A widget called Fancy Widget, and it's a free app.

Android Does

It's been discontinued, so finding it is a bit tricky. If you do a Google search you should be able to find an .apk for the last version released (1.3.0) fairly easily.

OP
illmatic636

illmatic636

Reaction score

No, he is asking for exactly what he is asking for. A widget called Fancy Widget, and it's a free app.

Android Does

It's been discontinued, so finding it is a bit tricky. If you do a Google search you should be able to find an .apk for the last version released (1.3.0) fairly easily.

Well, he started the question with "I downloaded Fancy Widgets". It does not support the weather animation he was describing with the windshield wipers.

Sense Widgets do rock tho....