Team Chaos Froyo Rom

Discussion in 'Team Chaos' started by bgill55, Jun 10, 2010.

1. validoption

validoption Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Two questions:
    1. When you mention temps, you are referring to battery temps right? Or has Chevy done that which the other kernel devs have not yet done, and figured out how to get TempMonitor to read CPU temps as well?

2. How much usage has your phone had/how much standby time since 9am?

2. War_Assassin

War_Assassin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1. No, I'm talking about the Temp Sensor on System Panel (seems to
    measure CPU temps based on others' suggestion). You can find this
    app on the Market. Just open it up... then Menu - Monitor. Scroll to
    the very bottom to check it out.
    2. As of right now, phone idle says "12h 1m 15s". Battery Left states it's
    on 81% (estimated battery %) with system battery reading at 80%.

3. Sam

Sam Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    what happened to the "clean black" boot animation?

4. Sam

Sam Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    oh wait, that's a theme.. i'm an idiot.. can i just flash that over this rom?

5. validoption

validoption Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, that's still the battery temp...damn, I got excited! CPU temp reads have not yet been achieved by the devs...something in the code of the kernel that needs to be addressed in order for apps like System or TempMonitor to read them. Which is why the sensor that would read the CPU is instead reporting the "live" temp of the battery, where the battery meter is based on system-logged temps (which explains the closeness in numbers, but slight fluctuations in the second meter). If it were actually reading the CPU temp, it would be falling down in the low 20s, high teens after some time on standby.

Oh well, they'll get it figured out soon enough, I'm sure!

6. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    what do you mean what happened to it?
    Not working?

7. Sam

Sam Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    no no no... i'm just an idiot. ;) i was looking at the red rum link before i downloaded and installed, thinking everything would be red and black and have all this cool visual smacktickery.. turns out, i have to do the red rum theme over this (should have known, not my first time using one of your roms..) and then i would get all that stuff..

it was just a bad brain fart. all is well ;)

8. validoption

validoption Member

Ratings:
    +0
    At the risk of quoting myself (no edit feature on tapatalk :) ) I redownloaded TempMonitor as id had it uninstalled until the devs figured out the cpu issue. The battery monitor sensor is AK8973, which is the same as the second sensor in System Panel. So while I was incorrect in my assumption that the second meter was supposed to be reading the cpu, it still means that the program can't get cpu temps from our kernels yet. Thanks for referring that app though, I like the other graphs and charts it has goin on!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

9. War_Assassin

War_Assassin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, no problem! Since I'm bored tonight at work anyway, I just installed 1.2GHz ULV just for kicks... quadrant at 1695... :) Linpack doesn't seem to increase much, though (averaging around 17). Oh well, let's see how this baby runs on battery life lol.

Btw, with the final version of Froyo around the corner (and esp. since customized ROMs are being created just for this beta version), I'm sure there will be devs who will come up with kernels that support the temp cpu readings soon.

10. NattyBee

NattyBee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Personally I would suggest you don't use Helix...try LauncherPro--it's got all the great things about Helix, but it's faster and more stable...

just a thought lol:)

11. NattyBee

NattyBee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    updating on top of 2.1...

Hey, so, I discovered something interesting today...accidently.

When I got the TCFroyo working on my phone, I noticed it was indeed much faster and more stable than any other I had tried (was in fact the only one I found that works). but after I installed the Red Rum theme, I began having problems again, major freeze-ups and etc. so I wiped and went back to Team Chaos Froyo...and still noticed some freeze-ups, nothing major but enough to be annoying...so I wiped and went back to 2.1 (Atlantis Insanely Clean).
    Well, I was watching TV and talking with a friend, and I just had to try again, so I did an advance Nandroid Backup, and --in the course of talking and watching House and installing all at once-- I forgot to wipe, I installed update.zip (Team Chaos Froyo) as an update to the 2.1 that was already there.

Results are...fastest, smoothest, most stable Froyo experience I've yet to have...all my apps where already there since I hadn't wiped...I'm surprised...of course I lost maps and navigation, but to my understanding the one in Market will work fine?

anyway, I don't know if anyone has tried this before...I certainly didn't intend to...but it's working fine for me! dancedroid

12. jayb

jayb Member

Ratings:
    +1
    THANKS bgill55 ...............I just got home and tried everything you said......It works GREAT and is super fast.

I never thought about clearing the download cache. I know that had to be the problem ( well I did re-flash recovery twice also ). But it works and your theme is awesome.

Search tags for this page
froyo lockscreen.apk
froyo rom
lg revolution froyo rom download
lock screen froyo.apk

team chaos