Team Black Hat present Droid X 2.2.1

xlxfoxxlx

Reaction score
HTML:
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/5454-droidx-2-2-1-blur-versions-2-3-320-now-available-tbh-app.html

Go get it for yourself.

As of right now only available in TBH App.

Last edited:
OP
X

xlxfoxxlx

Reaction score
What is new with the update? Will root and roms work? One more question...Will sbf work?

it is pre-rooted, busyboxed, and deodexed, and yes the current sbf works. as of changes not to sure.

OP
X

xlxfoxxlx

Reaction score
yea alot of people are saying they lost root but it worked fine for me

AesirX

Reaction score
Installed as instructed and wiped cache, data, and system. Lost root, and the doroot method failed. Attempted the SBF with rsdlite 4.8 and the 2.3.15 sbf, this failed as well. Now I have a fancy paperweight that displays "code corrupt".

My advice? Stay far, far away

EDIT: Finally had success with SBF (why it failed the first 10 times I have no idea). Still advise avoiding this. Slow, bloated, questionable backwards compatibility, issues with root, and no new features. Fantastic...

Last edited:

pierced_droid

Reaction score
Installed as instructed and wiped cache, data, and system. Lost root, and the doroot method failed. Attempted the SBF with rsdlite 4.8 and the 2.3.15 sbf, this failed as well. Now I have a fancy paperweight that displays "code corrupt". Thanks a lot, Team Black Hat. :icon_evil:

My advice? Stay far, far away

Team black hat??? Never heard of them

Sent from my etcha-sketch

jonathanmsims

Reaction score
This update has some serious problems too... cannot play mp3 or video files. Seems like this was a true leak that was just a development build and not fully tested. I'm sticking with my rubix.

yuusharo

Reaction score
The definitely isn't as clean of a release that TBH is known for (hey, we're all human after all ^_^). After poking through the zip, I found that Superuser and 'su' are not found where they belong, yet SuperOneClick seems to think its still rooted and refuse to work. I'm sure a manual root process would have more success, but I'm too lazy.

Another thing is media doesn't work. MP3s and MP4 video won't play at all. Some are saying that switching the StageFright settings in the build.prop to "true" fixes this, but there are still issues with YouTube and the camera saving corrupted files.

This release seems far from ready. Maybe TBH can work through it and clean up some of it up, figure out why its working properly for them but significant problems for a lot of us. For now, I would avoid this thing until they figure out what's going on.

Back to Blurry it is!

BdROIDX99

Reaction score

pierced_droid

Reaction score