Teacher had a panic attack with MY DROID in her hand

koralyne

Reaction score
If she had broken MY phone, she'd have gotten sued from me, if she hadnt replaced the phone. I wouldnt accept the school paying for it, she would have to pay out of her pocket, if its the last thing i'd have done!

@ koralyne I didnt tell the story word for word. but pretty much teachers 4 doors down heard her yelling and the teacher next door came over and talked to her and Im assuming either she or another teacher called security. At my school a student using a phone in class is the last problem any teacher is worried about. lmao. Theres students who smoke weed in class (and get away with it.)
wow, well, that explains it. Is the teacher insane? also, what school do you go to?! Man, I wish I had gone there when I was in school...

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was nervous reading this. Glad it didn't end in her dropping it or something. Hope you learned your lesson. :p

I would have laughed read hard if she had dropped it..... Not because the OP shouldn't have been on the phone during class in the first place (although that is true) - but because the teacher who should have never acted that way would have been liable to buy a new one.

It's funny enough that security had to come and remove her. OP, what kind of school do you go to????? (and keep yer dang phone in yer pocket, dang kids these days) :rofl3:

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
holy crap what am I in for... I have a 3 month old son... JESUS he is NOT having a phone until he's a freshman and its not going to be a SMART phone thats for damn sure. although maybe in 15 years that is going to be the base model phone.....

to the OP using your phone in class is straight up disrespectful no matter if the guy behind you is toking up, or the girl next to you is giving a hand job, and the geek in front of you is playing a video game.

if all your friends jumped off a cliff would you?

-=Jason=-

koralyne

Reaction score
I dont see why people are freaking out so badly over the fact that he had his phone out in the middle of class. There ARE students who have the mental capacity to listen to the teacher and use their phone at the same time O__o

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have to say I would have tossed it out the window! Your in school to learn and by you playing with your phone you WERE disrespecting her!

The thing is, just as the OP was in the wrong; in teaching there is a level of professionalism that you have to show in the classroom. There is a line between what is acceptable and what is not acceptable; threatening to break someone's property is not acceptable. Nor is the threat of physical harm acceptable in this day and age. There is no real discipline allowed in the schools anymore.

It's a shame too, that's why there are so many disrespectful people in the world. Even if there is discipline at home, there is none in the schools anymore. It's pretty sad that cops get called and kids get led out in handcuffs for a simple fistfight these days, but that's modern school discipline. In my day, you'd have your brawl, go to the principal, and sit in detention for a couple of hours each night for a week. Now the schools don't want to handle anything. And who can blame them, with frivolous lawsuits being the norm?

OP
Kdubbjr

Kdubbjr

Reaction score
Its not even like I live in a bad neighborhood. I live in Fontana, California now. In the Suburbs and stuff like this happens on a daily. I use to go to school in Inglewood and Id say alot of things are worse at the school I go to now. The main thing Id say is worse is drugs and sex. People have sex all over the school and occasionally in the open (They are caught most of the time though).and The only drug I haven't seen being done in a classroom is Heroine. Like my school doesnt have gangs or anything like that. Its a bunch of spoiled kids who dont know how easy they got it so they break rules. And dont think its just my school. Im willing to say majority of the High Schools and even Middle Schools in the country are like this. Even in the best of neighborhoods. But Parents arent aware. My parents don't know this goes on at my school and wouldn't expect it and same goes for most parents.

My suggestion to parents and future parents is get involved in your childs school like join PTA and stuff like that, and talk to your kids about stuff like this. Trying to hide them from it won't work. You gotta expose them to it and let them know its wrong. For example if you never talk to your kid about sex and his or her girlfriend or boyfriend tries to have sex with him or her how will they know what to do. You cant expect your kids to come to you. I wish my Parents were more involved but Id never tell them that.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went to Catholics school. Now if Sister Mary Knuckles caught me with a phone, which we didn't have in my day she would take the phone. Then she would make me hold out my hand, knuckles side up, and hit me with a ruler. Not those plastic ones they have today but a real wood one.

And then I would get my phone back. At the end of the year.

texasPI

Reaction score
I'm only 30 so I'm not too disconnected from that world. However, my wife is a professor and she deals with this all the time. It is disrespectful. I don't care but my only beef is that this same kids enter college expecting to behave the same way and expect their hands to be held. Not! My wife often bounces off stuff about students etc and I tell her to be a hard ass. Her rule is if you have your phone out during a test/quiz you automatically get an F. She knows who is on their phones, ipods, laptops etc and not paying attention. Inevitably those students come to my wife at the end of the semester begging for extra credit etc. Guess what? They don't get it. I could go on and on. You should see some of the emails. Some even call my wife by her first name which is also disrespectful since she is a Dr. She worked hard to earn that title and so did I in paying for it.

Best thing is that the Dean and Uni. President back her 110%. The best is when the parents come *****ing at my wife and she shuts them down. She tells them their child is an adult and she cannot discuss their academic progress with them. They threaten to go to the Dean etc etc.

Look, I know there are bad teachers out there but most are not. They don't get paid alot and often times work at home long after class is over and they take time away from their families. They go the extra mile for the students that need it. I know it firsthand.

Bottom line: 10 years from now the kids you hoped thought you were cool will be a distant memory.

OP
Kdubbjr

Kdubbjr

Reaction score
I get what your saying Texas. Even now I don't feel my teacher is. A bad teacher she's actually pretty good and when I appologized to her it was sincere and I'm sure she knew it. She just had a bad day.

OP
Kdubbjr

Kdubbjr

Reaction score
Maybe don't use your droid during class. :icon_eek:

+100

What the hell are you doing on the phone?

Using the calculator app to solve a problem <wink> <wink>.

Actually there's a fantastic scientific calculator app called Mathdroid that I used on a Chemistry Test about 30 minutes before the incident. But my girlfriend is going through some things and I was texting her when it happen.

QuPop

Reaction score
I dont see why people are freaking out so badly over the fact that he had his phone out in the middle of class. There ARE students who have the mental capacity to listen to the teacher and use their phone at the same time O__o

cant believe im saying this (im only 26) but its not a matter of your mental facilities its a matter of respect to the teacher or just anyone. Or it could be a distraction for those who dont have those facilities. (^_^)

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
You were talking on your phone during class?? She should have taken it and given back at the end of the day.