Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Exclusive: Known issues with Droid 2 rolling out

37520_Droid2_Front_Open_LRG-H4-Web_LR_610x486.jpg
We just got an email from one of our ninja’s that a company email went out to Verizon reps today. It is going over the known issues and plans of actions with the Motorola Droid 2. None of the issues seem to be big ones but the list is pretty long. Read below from the email.

Category Operation

Subcategory Voice Call Operations:

• 1X Mode Power Down: If the Droid2 is powered off while in 1X coverage, incoming calls will not go directly to voicemail.
Short term work around: There is no known work around.

Planned Resolution
: A fix for this issue is under review and will be included in a future maintenance release of software for this device.

• Ringtone Selection Playback: If the orientation is changed while playing ringtones during selection, the ringtone will stop playing.
Short term work around:There is no known work around. The customer should not change orientation when selecting ringtones.

Planned Resolution
: A fix for this issue is under review and will be included in a future maintenance release of software for this device.

• Recent Call Contact Pictures: Recent call log will momentarily display incorrect contact pictures.

Planned Resolution
: A fix for this issue is under review and will be included in the first maintenance release of software for this device.

Subcategory 3G Mobile Hot Spot:

• Devices can Connect, but no Data Connections are Created: Devices can connect to the Droid2, but cannot establish data connections. Customers may see timeout errors on the devices trying to connect to the Droid2.
Short term work around: The Droid2 needs to be power cycled.

Planned Resolution
: A fix for this issue is under review and will be included in the first maintenance release of software for this device.

• Camera Self Portrait Mode: The camera Self Portrait mode does not work. The Droid2 will display an error message, “no faces were found, self shot timed out”.

Planned Resolution
: A fix for this issue is under review and will be included in the second maintenance release of software for this device.

Category: Applications

Subcategory: Verizon Wireless Branded

• Visual Voicemail: When a new VVM subscriber attempts to subscribe via the “Subscribe to Visual Voice Mail” button, the customer may see an error message “You are not provisioned user. Self Provisioning failed due to network error, please call customer support”.
Short term work around: If the customer presses Cancel in the pop-up message, the next attempt will be successful.

Planned Resolution

• Visual Voicemail: When selecting speaker mode while using a mono Bluetooth headset, may cause audio to be still played through the headset.
Short term work around: Toggle speaker during message playback. This may require more than one attempt.

Planned Resolution

• Visual Voicemail: VVM notification SMS, which are not normally displayed to the customer, may be present.
Short term work around: There isno known work around. The customer should delete the SMS.

Planned Resolution

Exclusive: Known issues with Droid 2 rolling out | DontHateTheGeek

JackiA

Reaction score
Please...I am looking for someone who has gotten a DROID 2 to answer the following: Can you delete the contact history (texts and calls)? Not text threads or call logs, but the history associated with a contact? In the DROID X you cannot and I have been waiting to see if this was corrected on the DROID 2.

xandor

Reaction score
If I go to one of my contacts and go to contct history, then hit menu, I see 'clear history'. That what you looking for?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

JackiA

Reaction score
Yes, xandor, that is exactly what I am looking for. You see, that option does not currently exist on the DX. Thank you!

rgesner

Reaction score
What about :

Inability to connect to a Cisco IPsec VPN - a major problem for many corporate users.

Compass Calibration just doesn't work. Tried the instructions and it never turns green (got red a few time). Tried the figure 8 suggestions, but it is still off and never turns green.

If you turn off GPS, it also turns off the Use Wireless Networks and Enable Assisted GPS settings, so you have to drill back down into Settings and reset these (and agree to Google terms) every time you want GPS fully functional. Third-party one-click GPS toggles are all broken too.

Everytime I connect USB to computer, it opens the web page to install the VZ sync software, but it will NOT install on Win7x64 even in compatibility mode.

Let us remove useless crap-apps, like City ID, Blockbuster, etc that just clutter up our Apps list.

Droid 2 OS 2.2.20

Last edited:

sziehr

Reaction score
My compass calibrates just fine. You will get a red screen if try to calibrate it inside or near a vehicle or near any other large metal object.

ilvgsus42

Reaction score
What about :

Compass Calibration just doesn't work. Tried the instructions and it never turns green (got red a few time). Tried the figure 8 suggestions, but it is still off and never turns green.

Everytime I connect USB to computer, it opens the web page to install the VZ sync software.

Let us remove useless crap-apps, like City ID, Blockbuster, etc that just clutter up our Apps list.

Droid 2 OS 2.2.20

The compass never calibrates for me...no matter where I am. I've tried it 4 times now for LONG times and it never turns green.
I have the same issues! The VZ Sync web pop up is so annoying!
I also hope they figure out how to bypass the slide lock when you have a pattern lock enabled. Really silly to have to do both.
I personally have a MAJOR issue with disconnecting/turning on speaker/mute while I am on calls when I'm not using bluetooth...something wrong with the auto light senser on the touch screen. Anyone else having this problem?