T'Bolt to Iphone 4s

plongson

Reaction score
My poor old Thunderbolt is just about trashed. Constant use for almost two years and it has seen better days. Chicken lips Verizon in its corporate wisdom would rather screw longtime customers rather than allow us to upgrade to a new phone at a new customer rate...but this is just beating a dead horse. IMHO Verizon is just another raider They don't work for my loyalty but they sure want it.

ANYWAY, rant over...

My company is providing me with an Iphone 4s, it arrives Monday. I have NEVER used a Mac or APPLE system never...I'm a windows and DROID guy. What are your thought on the Iphone to those who have experience? Yea or NAY, what say you?? I plan on going to a bare minimum plan just to keep my number and have calls forwarded to the Iphone.

Any feedback??

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I absolutely hate the fact there is no app drawer and the left side of the screen is left solely for search. I can see why the non-techies enjoy the iPhone though. It's just that if you're like me (and you are by being a Droid/Windows guy), everything is just so straightforward it's a bit confusing for us lol.

I have taught my parents the ins and outs of their iPhones and I hate the device. The worst part was no widgets imo and also going through iTunes for everything, quite annoying.

OP
plongson

plongson

Reaction score
Oh well, I was really hoping the company would use DROIDS and I'd get a MAXX but either way, I won't be paying $100 per month and worrying about data plans. I'll take what I can get...I'm so sick of this T'Bolt and general screw ups, battery pulls about 3 times a day, hang-up and dial another number in the middle of a call. It REALLY went to hell the last few months. Sure you can go to Verizon and get a replacement but all you get is someone else's old problem phone.

I really dislike Verizon and any company that has such power over your choices.

bsbabcock

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I'm actually waiting to see what happens with the next iPhone release. Running a Droid x now with MIUI which I love, but the next one will be some rockin Droid phone without a locked bootloader or try an iPhone because after using an iMac I know I've bought my last MS windows based OS. Still thinking rezound or nexus maybe but it's nice to have a device that just plain works, unlike the Droid X that required a custom rom for stability.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Caesars

Reaction score
I love both os's, really wanting to check the new iPhone as well ;). Either way my maxx/iPad combo is still kicking it on the top of my list ;)

Googorola MAXX

Xander Crews

Reaction score
The ONLY thing I like about iPhones, is the smooth UI. It's pretty slick.
Other than that, the higher end Android phones have it beat pretty much everywhere.
  • Very little customization allowed.
  • No widgets.
  • Apps aren't allowed to automatically alter certain things within the OS, like volume, bluetooth, gps, etc.
  • You have to go through iTunes for all kinds of things.
  • The whole "one button" thing is for the birds. It sucks.
  • I've found there are far fewer quality free apps when compared to Android.
  • It's just a really locked down phone, and it's annoying. It seems way too simplified...like a kid's phone or something. After using a Droid, your iPhone may frustrate you.
But hey, you may like it...to each his own I guess.

I have an iPad2 that I got free through work. It's just a big iPhone without the call features...and I hate it.
I mean, it's nice and all, and it's great for taking notes...but I hate the fact it's so limited in what it can do. I requested a Xoom, and I got an iPad. Oh well...it was free.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
JellyBean is pretty smooth. Guess that means Android beats it all around for ya once you get JellyBean:p

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really like what Google is doing with the Nexus line. That kind of ease of updating will definitely have more companies look at that as a device set that they can roll out business-wide. I can understand why a lot of companies have gone the iOS route up to now: one system for everyone to work with, one set of security measures, one system for tech support to understand. The Nexus line is that for Google, only with a potentially larger set of forms to choose from. That coupled with the true flexibility and funtionality that Android offers is a golden combination.

Sucks you're stuck with an iPhone, but there's hope for the future.