Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
holy crap. No thanks. That is huge!

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Yeah I already decided against it. I bought this phone cuz it was slim and thin. I've turned off the syncing and we'll see how far that gets me in my day :).

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Keep that in your pocket and your wife/girlfriend will think you're happy to see them.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lmao I didn't realize how huge the extended battery was when I bought it. then I saw a few youtube vids before I opened it and was like HOly...o_O;; I'm thinking of returning it. But it might be ok to have during travel?

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Alright... I charged my phone over night and got the "MAX" icon on BatteryTime.... but no green light.. still orange. wtf?

Also, I just took my battery out after shutting down (wanted to swap to my 32 gig memory card after I put all my old memory card stuff on it) and I lost 10% battery. wtf?

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Yeah, unlike the Droid I, this thing goes to 80% battery on the top right icon INSANTLY, and then goes to the 50% icon top right when it still shows 70% on the About --> Battery bar.

When I got back from college this morning at 11:00am, I plugged in my phone and charged it to 100%. Then I unplugged it to make a quick call and plugged it back in at 1:00pm. It's been plugged in for 1.5 hours and it still shows an orange light (saying that it is charging). lol.

Not sure what that's all about but OK. Doesn't bother me. Battery indicators are like cellular strength signals imo, just have to figure out what the programmers want it to say.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Thanks for the article, really interesting read. I've heard about bump-charging before but never actually read what it was. I have chargers at work, home, and in my car. I might try the bump charge once or twice. :)

personalt

Reaction score
Anyone have a good way to log battery usage? I was using a android battery graph program (I forget the name) but the history was not that long

champaned_out

Reaction score
alright so i just got home about 10minutes ago and recorded my results and tried to keep track of exactly what i did today with my phone... i did do the bump charge before i left my house so keep that in mind as well

i spent an estimate of about
-1hr in 3G coverage area (while @ home/driving)
-4hrs in 4G coverage area (while @ school)
-5hr and 30min connected to wifi (while @ work)

-made only 4 phones calls today all of them within the 1minute range
-uploaded a 25mb video onto youtube on wifi
-messed around with the camera for about a total of 5-10minutes today
-browsed the web for about 1hr and 45min or around that range if i add it all up
-sent and received 45 text messages throughout the day
-did not play any games today

here are the results

tb3.jpg
tb2.jpg
tb1.jpg

as you can see 10+ hours of light to medium usage in my opinion is good enough for me... i had exactly 50% battery life when i got home.. at this rate of usage i could easily get more than 15hr+ from one single charge

Last edited:

[email protected]

Reaction score
Thunderbolt in Europe

My wife took a new Thunderbolt to Europe, thinking that she would be able to use the camera while out & the WIFI while at her hotels. With everything turned off (GPS, Tracking, Network) the phone only lasts 4-6 hours when taking perhaps 20 pictures, and putting it in standby while not in use.

I'd say this is terrible battery life.

I suspect that this is because the e911 is going crazy ... and because there is no service for this phone there, just burns power trying. I'd like to find a way to turn this feature off when abroad ... or am looking for other ideas about how to extend battery life.