TBolt Battery Life Thread

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It's like getting a new GF, you want to play with her all the time. After the "Honeymoon" phase is over she's just like your ex-GFs, you don't want to play with them anymore either.

geoff5093

Reaction score
There are a lot of settings that should be changed to maximize battery life. If you have your phone setup with facebook, Twitter, Flickr, etc., the default is to update that every hour. It is also set to update stocks every 15 minutes, update weather every 3 hours, and update news. That is a lot of background syncing and data download, I would recommend turning a lot of them off or raising the sync times.

I love how you can set peak and off-peak times for mail checking, I want my phone to check for mail every 30 minutes, but there is no point in it doing that while I'm asleep.

DeadMc

Reaction score
Well I charged mine completely before bed last night (green light), set the alarm for this morning, and woke up late -- no alarm. Overnight email checks on LTE apparently completely drained the battery. Unless I was sleep-browsing...

cwalter24

Reaction score
So first real day of use. Was fully charged 2 hours ago. Played music for 2 hours battery showing at 65%. No gps no wifi and no Bluetooth running. Not looking good. Can you shut off 4g? Also what is the Target symbol next to the 4g logo?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

F

FlyFishinX2

Well I charged mine completely before bed last night (green light), set the alarm for this morning, and woke up late -- no alarm. Overnight email checks on LTE apparently completely drained the battery. Unless I was sleep-browsing...

well then you need to take yours back because I charged mine over night, have played with it on and off all morning , setup a bunch of stuff and cruised the internet on it a little and still have a 2/3 charge

bhall238

Reaction score
I think most of us have been messing around with it so much that it would be kinda hard to gauge just how well the battery will last on a normal day. From what I can see , it seems to be ok, I literally haven't put it down except to eat dinner and sleep since I got it. When I got up this morning at 6:30 I picked it up and have been playing with it non stop and am at about at 75% left

ThunderBolt- non rooted (for now)

Totally agree, it will be hard to guage at first, I've been playing around with it almost non stop. I am in a 4G area too so I am assuming this will make my battery life worse.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
So first real day of use. Was fully charged 2 hours ago. Played music for 2 hours battery showing at 65%. No gps no wifi and no Bluetooth running. Not looking good. Can you shut off 4g? Also what is the Target symbol next to the 4g logo?

Target symbol is e911, and can't be turned off.

Leonius

Reaction score
Battery life seems good so far to me, buti am in a 3g area. I've been using it a good bit so far and am at about 75%. Tdlr - it should be fine once I get into a normal usage pattern, but I do worry what will happen once lte rolls out. I'm getting the biggest battery I can before long anyways.

DeadMc

Reaction score
So first day use I had to charge-up twice (I'm in an LTE area), but I was constantly playing with it (streaming video to JTV, etc). Last night I charged to 100% (green light), set a wake-up alarm and went to bed.

By morning the phone was depleted, no alarm.

This morning I have disabled LTE (3G only with #*#* setting) and I'm charging again. 25% brightness, FB, Twitter, and email updates set to 1/hr. We'll see how well it stands up without succumbing to the crack-like goodness of LTE. I'll report back later.

I'm already planning to get the 2750mAh battery when it's available.

funkyb

Reaction score
There are a lot of settings that should be changed to maximize battery life. If you have your phone setup with facebook, Twitter, Flickr, etc., the default is to update that every hour. It is also set to update stocks every 15 minutes, update weather every 3 hours, and update news. That is a lot of background syncing and data download, I would recommend turning a lot of them off or raising the sync times.

I love how you can set peak and off-peak times for mail checking, I want my phone to check for mail every 30 minutes, but there is no point in it doing that while I'm asleep.

Plus the haptic feedback on everything, screen brightness, etc. I've been using my phone off and on all morning. No video, but lots of web/market/setup activity, plus lots of SMS, and am at 88%. I started with a full charge at 6:30 AM and it's 12:00 PM now.

funkyb

Reaction score

According to the manual, the target symbol is GPS, not E911, and the target-only symbol means GPS is off. IF it has radio waves coming off the right side, GPS is on.

The manual is here. This info is on pages 39-41.

andymellon4

Reaction score
Thunderbolt Battery

I bought the TB yesterday and i was curious about the batteries.
I knew the battery life for the TB would be bad but it surprised even me. I want to get another battery whether it be an extended one an extra or any another option. I was worried about the extended cause i am told it doesn't fit the same as the regular battery so you have to get an extended door which i dislike. So I looked into getting another battery but will that really solve my problem of battery life....I am not to sure....is there an external charging station when you purchase an extra battery.

any help would be appreciated

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

According to the manual, the target symbol is GPS, not E911, and the target-only symbol means GPS is off. IF it has radio waves coming off the right side, GPS is on.

The manual is here. This info is on pages 39-41.
Go to Settings > Location and look at the E911. You can't turn it off. The arrows on the right of the icon mean it's on but the target itself is for GPS E911.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
The TB is way cool, but I hope no one walks into a mall fountain while using this phone...that would really kill the battery.

andymellon4

Reaction score
did anyone get the extended battery through verizon?

If so how much does it actually protrude?