TBH .596 No audio with .MKV files

nightmarepro

Reaction score
Hi , As I said in the title , I went from stock SBF Froyo to .596 GB ( the 2 part instalation) . My question is if is normal to not have audio with any .mkv video files. Is there a fix for this?

Thx a lot.

bond32

Reaction score
I wasn't aware the x would even play mkv files... are you using a player from the market?

I see avi files still seem the same.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
N

nightmarepro

Reaction score
As the update sais , GB .596 has new media support. It hardware decodes the video of .mkv files perfectly even with 720p files ... but has no audio with them. When I use the volume keys it changes ringer volume .... not media volume like it does with the other video files.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Did you wipe data and cache before or after install? Most times a wipe solves these types of problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
N

nightmarepro

Reaction score
I did 3 data an cache wipes before. Tried several version of install .596 ... still no audio.

OP
N

nightmarepro

Reaction score
Do any of U have audio with MKV video files? If U do , what rom did U use?

OP
N

nightmarepro

Reaction score
I ask about .mkv video/audio support because there are many tablets running android 2.1 that support this video format. Is safe to assume that droid x should be able to do this as well.

I ask if any of U has been able to play mkv video files and also hear the audio of the video file.

Any patch to the internal video player (hardware decoding mkv+audio) ?

Thx.

OP
N

nightmarepro

Reaction score
I see there are far worse problems with GB than mine , maybe in a few weeks I will find a cure for mine.