TB randomly looses *all* sounds

Quiltaday

Reaction score
Hey all ... I've had my TB for just over a week, having upgraded from the D1, and almost daily *all* the audibles will stop for no apparent reason. Music, notifications, ringing - even hitting the volume on the side is quiet and tells me volume is on the highest setting. The only way to restore sounds is to do a restart. Which at almost 3 minutes is quite painful.

This also affects using earbuds for the FM radio - no workie.

I should specify that technically, rather than stopping it is more that they will not work - it has not lost sound *during sound*, I only know it has been lost after I look at the phone and see missed calls, or start up music and it is quiet and hit the volume or whatever.

Has anyone else had this issue? I have tried installing volume-control apps, which does not solve the problem.

Help? Someone? Please ?

MrKleen

Reaction score
Hmm... You seem to be very patient. I would probably take it in and get a replacement.

Good luck.

OP
Q

Quiltaday

Reaction score
Hmm... You seem to be very patient. I would probably take it in and get a replacement.

Good luck.

I scoured the Forums and I seemed to be the only one having this issue ... I took it in during lunch and after he uninstalled Lookout Security :icon_evil: I was told to try it for 24 hrs ... They will have TBs back in stock tomorrow, so I asked that they hold one for me and it will be exchanged.

He said the slow booting was due to 4G and the added layers of security :icon_eek: I'm not that blonde, am I ?

THANKS !!!

MrKleen

Reaction score
I would agree with getting rid of lookout security.

OP
Q

Quiltaday

Reaction score
SOLVED, with a bonus !

Well ... It took two days for VZW to get more TBs in ... And I swear the one they have me was not brand-spankin-new (no plastic sheet over the screen).

BUT not only does the sound work, but the start-up is half of what my other one week old one was, but the batter life is over three times what the other was - with the same wallpaper, active gizmos and use!! dancedroid

The only difference I can tell you is the original one-week old one had "rev A" on the box label and this replacement has "rev B" on the label. And this is what I expected mt Thunderbolt to be...