TB on metro

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by hadesflames, Mar 22, 2011.

1. hadesflames

hadesflames New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey I just bought my first android phone, a TB no less, and I was wondering how I can get it flashed to metro. Can I do it myself? I assume so, I kind of don't want to pay any fee to activate my phone with them if I can do it myself.

Thanks.

2. champaned_out

champaned_out Member

Ratings:
    +4
    all metropcs dealers use a program called houdini soft to flash the phones.. if the phones not on the list they wont be able to flash it for you... i know for a fact that they dont have the TB on the list of devices that can be flashed with metro yet... so you might need to wait a couple weeks or even months before you can flash it to metro

there are people that can probably flash it for you when they release the instructions but like you said you dont want to pay to activate it

3. hadesflames

hadesflames New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How long do you guys think it will be more or less before it's possible? I don't mind paying a few bucks to metro for them to do it, if they get it done sooner, I just meant if I can avoid it, I'd prefer not to have to pay and just do it myself.

I ask because if I won't be able to use my phone for like a month or more, then it's going right back on eBay. So just a rough estimate would be great based on previous models etc...

4. hadesflames

hadesflames New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone have any idea?

5. wctaylor79

wctaylor79 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Best bet is to go and ask them. I personally have no idea so asking metro would be my guess.

6. champaned_out

champaned_out Member

Ratings:
    +4
    i work at a authorized metro pcs dealer store
    they dont have the TB under the list of confirmed devices they can flash yet... as for when it will be available unfortunately we dont know until its listed in our systems... so it could be tommorow it could be a month or a year or it could be never... you can look up houdinisoft on google and contact them and ask for yourself, thats the software most if not all authorized dealer stores use to metroflash a phone.. theres a chance it cant or wont be on the list because it is a LTE phone and i dont know if it will be compatible with Metro's network... Metro's 4G LTE uses different airwaves from Verizon's..

just to let you know, metropcs doesnt have much of a 3G network, most of their data coverage is under the 1x network meaning everything will be significantly slower than if you had the TB running on verizon

did you buy the TB off contract for the full retail price? if so my recommendation would be to return the TB before the 14day policy... you dont want such a nice phone on metro's network and theres a good chance it wont ever be able to use 4G on metro's network
    instead get your money back and grab the MetroPCS Samsung Galaxy Indulge... its got 4G a nice 4.3" display and a slideout keyboard.. of course its not better than the TB but you would be much happier knowing you can fully use all the functions on that phone

7. hadesflames

hadesflames New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Never say never, it will get done eventually...

I bought it on ebay, and I'm guessing it's going right back on ebay. I don't really want to buy the phones metro has. If that's what I wanted, I wouldn't have waited for a phone like the TB, and just have gotten an evo or something like that.

8. titans

titans Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you a Belieber by any chance?

9. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    Then why bother using metro?

10. titans

titans Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Easier on the bank

11. Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Trust me it will go on the list but it will take about 2 years there are a lot of people still waiting for the Droid to be added to houdini and the droid is old! I have a Droid 2 that I flashed to metro my self, the flashing process is easy the problem is getting data to work its possible but its a little harder. A simple flash to make txt n talk work is the same for all phones just follow the instructions of how to flash a droid to metro and that will work. However you already need to have a metro account before you flash cuz the flashing process includes using ur metro pcs phone number.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

12. hadesflames

hadesflames New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dunno what that is...

Because with metro I can just use Verizon's phones, which since metro uses the same network, it always generally works. It will only cost $40 for unlimited everything on contract-less metro as well. If I want the same service with Verizon, I have to pay 1.5mil give up my car and house, give up the rights to my first born child and sign a contract in blood. TB will be flashable on metro sooner or later, I just wanted to see if anyone could tell me if it would be sooner or later. Regardless, I'm going to eBay this phone and just keep on using my piece of crap samsung. I'm in no rush to start using droid anyway.

If someone had told me that from the beginning, it would have been great =P I won't have to eBay my phone after all. While I search for it, you mind linking me to a proper flash tut if you have it handy?

#12 hadesflames, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
Search tags for this page
can htc thunderbolt work on metro pcs
flash thunderbolt to metropcs
flash verizon thunderbolt to metro pcs

how to flash htc thunderbolt to metro pcs

how to flash thunderbolt to metro pcs
how to flash verizon thunderbolt to metro pcs

htc thunderbolt metro pcs

htc thunderbolt on metro pcs

metro pcs htc thunderbolt