Reaction score
Should I use taskiller reps telling me too use it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

luigi90210

Reaction score
Should I use taskiller reps telling me too use it

no
android comes with a task killer built in, all task killers are useless. the first thing i did after i got my droid x from the rep at verizon was uninstall advance task killer from my phone(and root it of course z4root FTW)

OP
stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
does that root it to stock vanilla andriod and get rid of moto blur and unbrickable

luigi90210

Reaction score
does that root it to stock vanilla andriod and get rid of moto blur and unbrickable

well it just roots it
if you want stock android you have to flash a blurless rom, i recommend fission rom or rubix focused

i personally like and dislike parts of blur so i am running tranquility 3.6
it gives me all the good parts of blur with the speed and look of stock android

OP
stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Wow how hard is that can I seewhat it looks like on you tube

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Well, the most important reason is there are no viruses for Android. There are scant few for Linux and Android is a specialized Linux distro, so none. It'd be extremely hard to write an actual virus for Android, and it would most likely only affect rooted handsets anyway. Rooted devices are less than one percent of all Android devices, and will remain that way, so you have less than one percent of an extremely-difficult-to-code-a-virus-for platform that would be affected. It's just not worth it, especially when there are so many Windows boxes out there that are just wide open and ripe for the picking.

The second most important (but far more immediate reason) is they're resource hogs! :) They're always running, which hits the CPU and affects battery life.

Malware is not the same thing as a virus, but malware is up to the user to prevent. :)

OP
stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Malware =maldroidpractice

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well said!!
Aldo, check out http://m.lifehacker.com/5650894/and...ed-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them

Well, the most important reason is there are no viruses for Android. There are scant few for Linux and Android is a specialized Linux distro, so none. It'd be extremely hard to write an actual virus for Android, and it would most likely only affect rooted handsets anyway. Rooted devices are less than one percent of all Android devices, and will remain that way, so you have less than one percent of an extremely-difficult-to-code-a-virus-for platform that would be affected. It's just not worth it, especially when there are so many Windows boxes out there that are just wide open and ripe for the picking.

The second most important (but far more immediate reason) is they're resource hogs! :) They're always running, which hits the CPU and affects battery life.

Malware is not the same thing as a virus, but malware is up to the user to prevent. :)

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Theres a band called maldroid
I think

OP
stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score