Taskillers

cccmhhh

Reaction score
I know it has been brought up hundreds of times around here about how the OS of Android does not need task killers. Every time I walk into Verizon and have a deal with my phone, the techs have ALWAYS insisted installing the TKs. Do they work or not?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No they don't work and the techs generally suggest them because they don't know better. They were needed up until eclair iirc but no more.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

vjaamm

Reaction score
Is been said by a lot of users here and Google itself: No. Verizon always tells everyone to use them, but there not good for android since it already does the job itself and can actually kill your battery

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
if you know it's been brought up hundreds of times oyu should already know our opinions.

whether you believe the facts or not is up to you. good luck with your phone if you do decide to use one

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know it has been brought up hundreds of times around here about how the OS of Android does not need task killers. Every time I walk into Verizon and have a deal with my phone, the techs have ALWAYS insisted installing the TKs.
...and you haven't read in the countless task killer threads about how clueless the reps are that recommend task killers? Even if you don't know specifically about task killers you should be wary about relying on what carrier reps tell you. They commonly provide the wrong information. Corroborate and verify. Consider the source. It should be standard operating procedure for everyone by now.

As you indicated, this is a very old and very beaten dead horse.