Tasker

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by Noodle360, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Noodle360

Noodle360 New Member

Anyone have Tasker up and running on there 4? I have the trial but cant get things to work right. Im new to tasker so I may be something Im doing, but I cant figure out how to turn the screen on when head phones are plugged in (Winamp starts up just fine), and the GPS simply wont turn on when docked in my car dock (my car dock app starts up just fine). Iv checked and re checked how I have tasker set up for both items, for the turning the screen on it said 'This device isnt supported' and for the GPS it says its set to turn it on... *shrug*

I used smart actions from day one (Iv had this phone a whoppin 3 days) and it worked, but theres limits it has like not being able to kill an app (When I unplug my headphones I want winamp to close, simple enough), and such so I checked out tasker. Any help?
  2. Noodle360

Noodle360 New Member

Ok, I can get the screen to come on if I have a pop up notification set. So for the time being I just typed something like "Have a good workout" that pops up when I plug my headphones in. no the best solution but it'll work for now... Now I still need to figure out how to disable the slide to unlock thing... hmm
  3. Noodle360

Noodle360 New Member

Just an FYI after doing some research tasker cannot just turn the screen on on these phones (no idea why) so a work around I did was set tasker up when head phones were plugged in it would start Winamp, turn keygaurd off, and have a motivational pop up come up (Tells me to have a good workout, and pump some iron *****! :) ), the pop up turns on the screen, the keygaurd turns off the Slide to unlock, and theres winamp ready to play.

Just an FYI if anyone else is using tasker and has issues... Really loving tasker vs Smart actions... it can do so much more.
  4. mccompunerd

mccompunerd New Member

Tasker is awesome. Had heard of it but never really tried it on my D1. Now I don't think I could live without it for my D4.
  5. Noodle360

Noodle360 New Member

What kind of things do you have it do?
  6. mccompunerd

mccompunerd New Member

Use it to adjust volume/wifi/lock screen for when I'm at work or home., and at night depending on if I'm working the next day. Also turn everything off to save battery when idle for extended times.
    Fires up my music player and adjusts volume when I plug speakers in.
    Will set up more when i get a car dock.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
autovoice
can tasker turn the screen on

smart actions vs tasker

smartactions tasker
tasker droid forums

tasker turn on screen

tasker turn the screen on

tasker vs smart actions

tasker winamp