tasker causing annoying beeping during phone calls.

thatisandwas

Reaction score
Guys
Every time I install tasker, I get two quick beeps every 5 seconds on my x. Anyone know of a fix? I sure do love the app, but this is definitely a deal breaker.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
do you have any profiles? tasker will do NOTHING by itself so unless you made a profile telling it to do that, its not tasker.

OP
T

thatisandwas

Reaction score
It is tasker because when uninstall it, the problem immediately goes away. When I reinstall it, it happens again. I've tried it with profiles on and off and I definitely didn't set up an action to do this.

motionblurrr

Reaction score
My girlfriend just called me and says that hers is doing this too... I don't know what tasker is though. I doubt she even has it installed, whatever it is.

OP
T

thatisandwas

Reaction score
seriously this is areal issue. Did you figure out if she has tasker installed? did she get it fixed? I absolutely love tasker, its literally in my opinion THE coolest app on android right now, but that beeping makes the phone literally unusable. a loud BeeP BEEP every 5 seconds is just too much to deal with. Id really like to hear from other who've had this problem and how they fixed it.

mgico

Reaction score
Problem May Be Caused By Another App ("Good Morning")

seriously this is areal issue. Did you figure out if she has tasker installed? did she get it fixed? I absolutely love tasker, its literally in my opinion THE coolest app on android right now, but that beeping makes the phone literally unusable. a loud BeeP BEEP every 5 seconds is just too much to deal with. Id really like to hear from other who've had this problem and how they fixed it.

I am also having the beeping problem. I did a search and found another thread indicating that the problem is being caused by an app called "Good Morning." Supposedly, the developer of Good Morning posted a fix on 9/9, but I only downloaded the app a day ago, so I don't know what gives. I'm about to uninstall it.

mgico

Reaction score
Uninstalled Good Morning and beeping has gone away, so my phone is good. dancedroid For me, that was the offending app. (I don't have tasker.)

However, I see from searching the Internet that many other people are experiencing the beeping, so perhaps more than one app can cause the problem.