Task Manager makes phone reboot?

graywolf

Reaction score
At least a third of third of the time I open the task manager, it freezes and my phone reboots. Anyone else having this problem and is there a fix?

Also, I am not too fond of task manager, so what is the best alternative?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
A third of a third? So a ninth of the time.. what task manager are you running? There's lots of different app manager apps in the market.

Are you rooted or stock?

And how do you have it set up? I used to always used "advanced task killer" from rechild I think. Its the green Droid with the blue X on the front of it. You might try it?

sent using my RAZR MAXX

pat3332

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is what he was referring to, but my Rezound came with an app called Task Manger installed that you can access from All apps and also by the pull down menu/Quick settings & tap Total Memory. This is the description from the HTC FAQ's.

Stop running applications using Task Manager
Free up memory by using Task Manager to stop running applications when you aren’t using them.

1. From the Home screen, drag down the notification bar.
  2. Tap Quick Settings.
  3. Tap Total Memory.
  4. In the All applications list, tap the X to the right of an application’s name to stop it, or Kill all to stop all running applications.
This seemed odd to me since I've always been told by Verizon and HTC not to use task killers and now they're including one. On my phone the only things listed are Settings and People and I don't think I really want to kill either one.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

Reaction score
Sorry, "a third of a third", the rezound is sometimes retarted when typing. It will add random words and what not.
Almost every time I use Task Manager, it causes my phone to reboot.
I am stock by the way.

So, since Task Manager sucks, what task manager thing do you reccomend?

pat3332

Reaction score
There are those who believe in task managers and use them and those who think Android does a good job of handling tasks itself and don't use them. I'm in the second category, but occasionally you'll get a rogue app that won't close properly. For those I use Watchdog. It doesn't automatically kill apps, but lets you know if an app is using too much of your resources and gives you the option to kill it. You can set the threshold you want and it also lets you set up white and black lists.

This is the free version and there is also a paid version without the ads.

https://market.android.com/details?...sMSwxLDEsImNvbS56b211dC53YXRjaGRvZ2xpdGUiXQ..