Task manager for Xoom

Jreiner8

Reaction score
I was wondering if I should download a task manager for my Xoom or if it even needs one? If so, which one?

mack19318

Reaction score
Pretty sure the android os will take care of itself.
But would depend on what your battery life is like.
Try one and see if you notice any improvments in your battery life,
If you don't notice an increase then chances are the os is handling your apps just fine.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
This has been discussed and beaten like a dead horse.....there is no need for a task manager in android.

Newton122189

Reaction score
This has been discussed and beaten like a dead horse.....there is no need for a task manager in android.

For the xoom I don't use a task manager because it has a lot of RAM but on my Droid 2 I need one in order to keep things speedy, if I dont use one things can get painfully slow

Techsniffer

Reaction score
I have one installed, but mainly for stuck apps or ones that like to startup when I dont want them too, I dont find that I have to use it to maintain a certain performance level

cpjr

Reaction score

For the xoom I don't use a task manager because it has a lot of RAM but on my Droid 2 I need one in order to keep things speedy, if I dont use one things can get painfully slow

If thats the case, something is wrong with your setup...cause it shouldnt be like that.

Newton122189

Reaction score

If thats the case, something is wrong with your setup...cause it shouldnt be like that.

Yeah its called I have so many apps that want to run themselves that it uses up all my ram and I don't feel like wading through mud while my phone figures out what to do

Like I said the xoom handles things well and has plenty of memory, my Droid 2 needs a helping hand, there's nothing wrong with that, there's no need to keep uneccesary apps running so I just take care of it manually sometimes

cpjr

Reaction score
Well if you like task managers good for you...I guess. But your doing yourself a disfavor. Having a bunch of apps doesnt mean your phone has to run bad....its all about how its setup.

Newton122189

Reaction score
If you've got advice then please share, I'm always looking to obtain more information.

The only reason I use a task manager is because, in my personal situation, it increases speed and battery life on my Droid 2.

ZBoater

Reaction score
Since there are so few Xoom apps, one is left trying apps designed for phones. Some work, many don't. It'd be nice to be able to kill thE ones that don't work right and somehow get stuck. Going into Settings/Manage Apps and wading through that list is not exactly convenient.

madrabbitt

Reaction score
I dont run an "active" task manager, because, as been discussed over and over and over, they consume resources themselves, contribute to bad battery life, etc etc etc.

However, i run System Panel Lite on all my phones. Its not an active task manager, doesnt run in the background. Its a killer, basically. You can choose what level of apps to kill, forground, background, system apps, etc.

I excluded all the apps that i dont want to ever kill, then put the "kill all" 1x1 widget on the home screen.

When the phone starts to lag, or right before i'm going to start something that requires extra resources, i just hit the kill all widget.