Task killers

Redman479

Reaction score
I have one, but I think I read somewhere in here that I should get rid of it. I'm not rooted so what's so bad about them?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

estafusisx

Reaction score
There's a VERY good post on this that i would link for you but im in the app so i cant. But in short android handles apps better than task killers give it credit for. When you leave an app android will automatically shrink it down until it hardly takes up any resources, and alot of the time when you kill an app it will automatically open it back up which can slow down ur phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

estafusisx

Reaction score
I suggest using watchdog, it pays attention and lets you know if an app is taking up more resources than it should. If you find an app that constantly shows up too high on the list it may be a problem with the app that makes it not shrink down like it should and you may consider uninstalling it

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
@OP. My experience is it drains more battery trying to keep up with the app's You have it set to kill, then just letting them run in the background. The Droid can do that all in itself.

If you are rooted, freeze them w/Titanium Backup and they won't run period.

With a Taskiller, you set it up to kill apps your not using. The problem with that is so many apps are related to others that when you start something up it constantly starts another. That's why you will notice the app you just killed is right back on if you reopen the Taskiller after killing it.

JMO.

Tap'n from DX while sit'n by a PC.

OP
Redman479

Redman479

Reaction score
Thx

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a VERY good post on this that i would link for you but im in the app so i cant. But in short android handles apps better than task killers give it credit for. When you leave an app android will automatically shrink it down until it hardly takes up any resources, and alot of the time when you kill an app it will automatically open it back up which can slow down ur phone.

I think the post you're talking about is at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html The video is very informative.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! Also http://m.lifehacker.com/5650894/and...ed-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them

I think the post you're talking about is at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html The video is very informative.

DroidForums junkie!!