Task Killers... The Answer from Google & Developers.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
CyanogenMod7 (at least, the version I use) has an option in applications > dev to force-kill an app by long pressing the back button. I never need a task killer for unresponsive apps

MrKleen

Reaction score
This is the never ending thread. Maybe we have have found perpetual motion. Attach an engine to this thread and it will never stop.

OP
Martin030908

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is the never ending thread. Maybe we have have found perpetual motion. Attach an engine to this thread and it will never stop.

I like your train (no pun intended) of thought.

... this thread should never end. To this day wireless techs still load ATK or other task killers immediately onto a new phone... which is still, years later, WRONG!

the native OS can be used to kill unresponsive apps... auto killers are still working against the design of the OS, and wasting our oh-so-precious battery life.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Its funny because the reason i was worried on my ram on my og Droid had been negated on later handsets, the 256 ram really hurt, but the 512 was way better on my droid2global, and the 1gig on my razr maxx is even better. Makes me wonder of techs still do it on galaxy s3s, with 2 gigs of ram.

Sent from My Droid RAZR MAXX with Tapatalk.

Reaction score
I've been reading a lot of the posts in here. Very interesting stuff. I'm very new to the whole smart phone thing. I have NQ android booster. I'm wondering if this is a good app? And is it "fighting", as its been said against the OS?

fishstick600

Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend any booster or task manager. They fight with the OS. Android is designed to allocate memory to active processes and end processes when it needs to free up memory. I've learned to let the OS do what it was built to do

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Another question, is it a bad thing if I were to stop a process for example, in my apps under the "running" section it says mobile instant messaging service has 1 process going. I don't use the mim so does it necessarily need to be running?

fishstick600

Reaction score
No but it'll prob turn it right back on. That's one of those apps that the system always has running I think

fishstick600

Reaction score
Its not like windows..windows uses up resources by having programs running. .android keeps them running in the background but doesn't really waste anything by having them running..unless its pulling data