Task Killers... The Answer from Google & Developers.

G

Grimster

As stated before you dont need a task killer app. When low on memory, android and demanding apps like the web browser simply run faster when you DO use one to kill batches of apps to free memory in large batches instead of having Android constantly picking at it. Simple fact and this has been proven via acatlogs. Of course this is only noticeable to true smart phone users. Most people that buy smart phones (and many members in this forum) are not true smart phone users IMO. Most people today that buy smart phones buy them for the "cool" factor and dont even use most of the features.

Last edited by a moderator:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As stated before you dont need a task killer app, android and demanding apps like the web browser simply run faster when you DO use one to kill batches of apps to free memory in large batches instead of having Android constantly picking at it. Simple fact and this has been proven. Of course this is only noticeable to true smart phone users. Most people that buy smart phones (and many members in this forum) are not true smart phone users.

Curious as to what that last part means

tappin and a talkin

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Me too! I wanna be a "true smartphone user"!!!! :(

As stated before you dont need a task killer app, android and demanding apps like the web browser simply run faster when you DO use one to kill batches of apps to free memory in large batches instead of having Android constantly picking at it. Simple fact and this has been proven. Of course this is only noticeable to true smart phone users. Most people that buy smart phones (and many members in this forum) are not true smart phone users.

Curious as to what that last part means

tappin and a talkin

DroidForums Junkie!!

UNC

Reaction score
Hate all you want, but iOS doesn't need a task killer.... just sayin'

"Exiting correctly" is a load of crap. It should JUST WORK.
With that being said, I haven't had any problems with my apps whoring too much ram.

When (or if) Android ever graduates from code run on a VM to native code, none of this will ever be an issue....

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Android doesn't need an outside task killer. Fact.

There is in fact a correct way to exit apps. Using the back button signifies finality to the system so it may handle the app as it will. The home button us used for multitasking, so it tells the system to leave that app open so you can come back to it. All it takes is a little bit of knowledge to know how to communicate with your phone.

tappin and a talkin

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
As stated before you dont need a task killer app. When low on memory, android and demanding apps like the web browser simply run faster when you DO use one to kill batches of apps to free memory in large batches instead of having Android constantly picking at it.

Out of curiosity, which Task Killer do you use? I don't have one and haven't had any problems, but just wanted to know.

Last edited:
G

Grimster

I use taskiller (the one with the red icon) I have the widget set to kill all the apps I specify with one single touch. I kill the apps every time just before launching demanding apps like the web browser, or when I know Ill be multitasking. BIG improvement in performance when you do this and its all confirmed via acatlogs.

Myree67

Reaction score
Go into settings>applications>manage applications find it in the list> click on it and then touch uninstall

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use taskiller (the one with the red icon) I have the widget set to kill all the apps I specify with one single touch. I kill the apps every time just before launching demanding apps like the web browser, or when I know Ill be multitasking. BIG improvement in performance when you do this and its all confirmed via acatlogs.

Can you please point us to the acatlogs you refer to?