Task Killers... The Answer from Google & Developers.

Freezetron

Reaction score
I dunno, for being a first time smartphone and Droid X user, my phone feels bloated and slow without the task killer, despite what you say. I'll play with the phone more but im not saying yay or nay to either idea.

scubieman

Reaction score
I dunno, for being a first time smartphone and Droid X user, my phone feels bloated and slow without the task killer, despite what you say. I'll play with the phone more but im not saying yay or nay to either idea.

There is some apps that when they are in standby are still being used. You can use Titanium backup and freeze app which makes it not run which requires root. Or you can remove bloatware.

Grimgard

Reaction score
Advanced task killer froyo

Advanced task killer froyo works good and does not seem to have any effect on my battery. I tried my droid x with out it and my phone needed multiple battery pulls a day to get everything working the way it should. I only kill apps that seem to have problems like facebook and the camera. Until the droid x can handle memory better ill stick with my task killer.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

warrior21

Reaction score
There is no reason to keep beating this dead horse.

Sent from my Droid

Grimgard

Reaction score
Lol
I did test with it and with out and the results don't lie. Without task killer I was rebooting my phone 2-3 times a day because my phone would be so slow or not respond. With task killer I only reboot 1-2 every two days. Works for me and that is all that matters.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I really wish there was some way to put this to bed...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Grimgard

Reaction score
Do a test with it and without. It might have to do with which task killer u have and what phone.

OP
Martin030908

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol
I did test with it and with out and the results don't lie. Without task killer I was rebooting my phone 2-3 times a day because my phone would be so slow or not respond. With task killer I only reboot 1-2 every two days. Works for me and that is all that matters.

While I'm against task killers, and believe any benefit is placebo.... I will give you this.....

In my sticky thread about task killers, I mentioned that if you're going to use one at least do a real world test and determine if it's actually helping. Since you've done this, I feel no need to beat the horse you're riding on :)

I still believe you don't need it, and it's probably another app you've got installed causing the issues... but if it ain't broke, don't fix it :)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I used atk froyo when it first came out and after reading about how unnecessary they are here I stopped using it about 2 months ago and haven't looked back.

warrior21

Reaction score
So then go ahead and use it but you might want to address the issues you are having because a task killer should never be a solution

Sent from my Droid

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So then go ahead and use it but you might want to address the issues you are having because a task killer should never be a solution

Sent from my Droid

That's true. I guess to eeach his own but 3 batt pulls a day is really excessive, you should try to address that problem.

OP
Martin030908

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

Sent from my Droid

That's true. I guess to eeach his own but 3 batt pulls a day is really excessive, you should try to address that problem.

These guys are right... the task killer is only masking a real problem. Your device shouldn't need 3 batt pulls a day... or any for that matter.

We've got some of the best trouble shooters in this forum you'll find.... OP if you list out what apps you've got installed I'm sure we can find out what's causing your issues....

Grimgard

Reaction score
Its usally youtube or facebook that seem to be the problem. Use my apps a lot like angry birds, facebook,and youtube. I have beautiful widgets running and use a static wallpaper. My wife has the same phone and feels the task killer makes her phone run better as well. I wonder if it has to do with what phones people have and what task killer they are using. I respect everyones opinion and you all have taught me a lot. Ill keep testing

Grimgard

Reaction score
Here is a list of my apps. Live wallpaper: aquarium donation snow fall star light live thunder strom. Apps: beautiful widgets droid forums facebook farm frenzy reckless racer robo defense jewellust mini squad net flux queue tv.com.

That's it.
Can u guys see any problem apps? Thanks