Task killer removal

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by dbsf2004, Nov 16, 2011.

1. dbsf2004

dbsf2004 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I got my droid 3 the verizon guy installed advanced task killer on my phone telling me i needed it. After reading alot on the forum here it seems its not a good thing having it. Do I just go to the app and press Uninstall or do i have to remove it anywhere else. Thanks for any help :)

2. anthrpicdecadnce

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah just uninstall it

3. SupraRZ95

SupraRZ95 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah. When I got my x the guy at Costco swore by it. Uninstalled immediately

4. dbsf2004

dbsf2004 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thank you

5. NoBloatware

NoBloatware Member

Ratings:
    +11
    New Motorolas also have a built in Task Manager that allows you to autokill apps. I'd also get rid of any apps that might be on the Auto-end list.

6. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Senior Member

Ratings:
    +228
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Please send me the address and phone of any business/employee that installs a utility on your phone without asking, or with a high-pressure "you really need this" sales pitch. If I hear this story one more time -- I'll have to go postal. GRRRRR....seriously, it's bad enough to have something "forced" on your phone (OK, ignoring the whole bloatwear problem), but to IGNORANTLY install something that the OS is built to deal with is insulting.

DISCLAIMER: I forgot to acknowledge that task killers are good for the occasional out-of-control app, but that's the exception, and besides having a built-in option in the OS settings, many other good programs (e.g., SystemPanelLite) do it and more. :)

-Matt

7. LKKASH

LKKASH New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Task Killer

I have the opposite case, Verizon employee at store advised against ATK on my PRo (which I love by the way) but batter life on Pro's is awful. I just installed one and so far it seems to help. I hate bloatware but just don't have the time to fight the system right now and have a few word games, email and associated work related downloads, played with settings..I've had the phone a year, although not "tech savvy" I'm not tech stupid so I've played with it a lot. Bottom line, I hate the battery life, no matter what settings it drops 20% overnight without my use and no alarm, and all of the built in auto kill's are worthless. As soon as you hit the little button to turn the backlight on and use the phone, they all fire up again.

I should point out this is my second Pro as the first one developed a ringer/no vibrate issue.

Any suggestions? I might have missed in my searches but does anyone have knowledge of why the built in auto kill doesn't stay and battery drops so much? Even with extended battery my husband can't make it through a work day with his so I don't know that multi tasking was high on the list for this particular droid battery development...Advice?

8. LKKASH

LKKASH New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Task Killer

I have the opposite case, Verizon employee at store advised against ATK on my PRo (which I love by the way) but batter life on Pro's is awful.&nbsp; I just installed one and so far it seems to help. I hate bloatware but just don't have the time to fight the system right now and have a few word games, email and associated work related downloads, played with settings..I've had the phone a year, although not "tech savvy" I'm not tech stupid so I've played with it a lot.&nbsp; Bottom line, I hate the battery life, no matter what settings it drops&nbsp; 20% overnight without my use and no alarm, and all of the built in auto kill's are worthless.&nbsp; As soon as you hit the little button to turn the backlight on and use the phone, they all fire up again.<BR><BR>I should point out this is my second Pro as the first one developed a ringer/no vibrate issue.<BR><BR>Any suggestions?&nbsp; I&nbsp; might have missed in my searches but does anyone have knowledge of why the built in auto kill doesn't stay and battery drops so much?&nbsp; Even with extended battery my husband can't make it through a work day with his so I don't know that multi tasking was high on the list for this particular droid battery development...Advice?

9. symphonia

symphonia New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    On my OG Droid, I definitely needed a task killer, despite everything I heard, it helped with speed. On my Droid 3, I haven't even thought about it.

10. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Senior Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Ratings:
    +30
    That's pretty good that an employer actually told you not to! :)

Swyped and sent through the interwebz directly to you from somewhere and some device that doesn't concern you!

11. LKKASH

LKKASH New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    auto task killer

been a little busy..really late on this, but the auto task killer allows apps to reopen when phone "wakes" up.

Search tags for this page
advanced task killer uninstall
como desinstalar advanced task killer
como remover task killer
how to delete advanced task killer
how to delete advanced task killer on droid
how to get rid of advanced task killer

how to remove advanced task killer

how to uninstall advanced task killer
how to uninstall task killer android
uninstall advanced task killer android